Pizza D'Action

Contact 413-532-5860

232 Lyman St, Holyoke, Massachusetts, USA, 01040

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizza joint with a specific vegan pizza using a olive oil based sauce and a pile of veggies. Apr 2016 owner reported now carrying vegan cheese as well a vegan platter. Open Mon 11:00am-10:00pm, Wed-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by VeganDoug21703

Pizza D' Awesome!! - Edit

Pizza D' Action offers a solution to a vegan's problem of finding options to eat outside of their own kitchen. With a generous menu that is reasonable priced this restaurant offers customers a friendly environment to order take out or stay inside and mingle with friends.

The owner, Scott, is a kind person that is more than willing to accommodate your dietary needs if possible. Upon my visit (my first time here) Scott came out of the back and was delightful to speak with.

I have nothing bad to say about my experience at Pizza D' Action (awesome!!)

good food, good people - Edit

really good food, they recently added lots of vegan options. we ordered more than we could finish, wanted to try a little of everything. started with the potato skins topped with chili and vegan cheese. also got the vegan lasagna which was delicious. for pizza we got an XL veggie vegan combo. everything was great. the owner and waitress were really nice and helpful too. he came out and talked to us for a bit and was happy we liked the vegan options. before we left he gave us some pita, hummus and black bean dip for free. my only minor complaint would be that the pizza is cut into small squares instead of normal pie slices.

Yummy Vegan Options! - Edit

Found this place on Happy Cow while visiting the area and was pleasantly surprised by the many vegan options! I began my meal with their Vegan Chili. Very tasty with just the right amount of spicy. They also have “starters” including Loaded Fries with vegan chili and vegan cheese or Potato Skins with the same. There are several vegan grinders including Vegan Spicy Sausage (with grilled onion/pepper and tomato sauce), Eggplant, Black Bean Wrap, Avocado Wrap, and Grilled Veggie Wrap. And, of course, they have pizza with vegan cheese. I had the Veggie Vegan-Combo – a white pizza with sautéed pepper, caramelized onion, fresh mushroom, Kalamata olive, spinach, and breaded eggplant. It was scrumptious! Other vegan items included salads, spaghetti, vegan lasagna, Indian Korma, and their Vegan Assortment Platter. I ordered the Platter to carry-out and ate it later for dinner. There are different options for the Platter – mine included housemade grape leaves, black bean dip, quinoa salad, tabbouleh, and pita. Everything was fresh and delicious! Other Platter options were hummus, couscous salad, and falafel. They even have large housemade vegan cookies – oatmeal and oatmeal with vegan chocolate chips! I just wish they had a restaurant where I live in Maryland. (Note: Happy Cow only allows a maximum rating of four stars for non-vegetarian restaurants. Otherwise, I would have given them a five.)
Updated from previous review on Wednesday May 04, 2016

Return to Holyoke Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pizza D'Action closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.