Pizza Artisan Food Truck

Contact 07813-111003

94 St Aldate's, Oxford, England, OX11BT

Serves meat, vegan options available. A large shiny silver food van/bus selling wood fired pizza outside Christ Church College. Any pizza can be made with vegan cheese (at an extra charge) and meat substitutes, but is not listed on the menu, so please just ask. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Sun 7:00pm-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by CallumB

quite a disappointment - Edit

We stopped there to have a dinner after a long tour around the city. We were lucky because our order was the 2nd one. However we were told they'd run out of vegan cheese - okay, so we had an ordinary pizza without any cheese. Pizza was quite small comparing to the price, and honestly - it was really an ordinary pizza when it came to taste... We were quite disappointed because Artisan had quite good reviews here

Pros: fresh spinach on the top of Pizza

Cons: expensive as the pizza was a bit small, no vegan cheese

The best vegan pizza I've ever eaten - Edit

They have vegan cheese and vegan pepperoni and you can change ingredients for all pizzas in their menu. That's awesome! I ate three in the same night! LOL It's really good.

Pros: Vegan options, Staff friendly , Take away

Cons: Bit expensive , They have meat

Authentic Pizza, Vegan Options - Edit

Nice little food truck not far from the city centre serving quality pizzas from their wood fired oven. Moderately priced, everything comes with optional free rocket, black pepper and olive oil drizzled on top.

Vegan options aren't marked, but they will make you any of the pizzas on the menu with the vegan substitutes they have. E.g my partner had their ham and pinapple, but with vegan pepperoni & cheese instead. The cheese was good but the pepperoni didn't taste much of anything... would give it a miss next time. I had the Nirvana, (sans parmesan) which I thoroughly enjoyed. Our meal came to around £17.50 I think.

The only major fault was the lack of seating... they offered a £1.50 charge for the option to eat across the street in G&D's but we felt that was a bit of a rip off.

Overall a good experience and would go again.

Pros: quality pizza, will modify any pizza with vegan subs, funky music

Cons: extra charge for seating, disappointing vegan pepperoni

Great vegan pizza, but be a bit careful - Edit

Any pizza can have the cheese replaced with vegan cheese, and there are also two types of meat substitutes.

The pizzas (with those substitutions) are really good - definitely give them a try.

The only issue is that the staff seem to often make mistakes if you're not *crystal clear*. So make sure you say to them that you want the ordinary cheese removed and replaced with vegan cheese, and the same for the meats.

Also there is often a very wait, as it's a really popular place, and it is after all only a small wood fire in the back of a van!

Pros: Great vegan pizza, Central

Cons: Bit risky, Long wait

Return to Oxford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pizza Artisan Food Truck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1957 times since Mar 2014.