Pita Plate

252-222-0949

5167 Highway 70 W Ste 200, Morehead City, North Carolina, USA, 28557

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mediterranean cuisine restaurant. Menu mark the vegetarian/vegan items. Staff know about the ingredients. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Greek, Non-veg

First Review by JennyElizabeth

Good vegan eats - Edit

Cozy, convenient Mediterranean restaurant at end of large strip mall center. Vegan options clearly marked, with knowledgeable staff about menu offerings. Serves meat dishes. our mixed party of diners enjoyed the vegan, vegetarian & meat dishes, especially the Vegan spinach pie, falafels, vegetarian spanikopita & Greek salad. Ample parking, near major roads.

Pros: clearly marked vegan options, moderately priced, ample free parking

Cons: not 100% vegan, serves meat dishes

Pretty Good - Edit

Very cute restaurant with a relaxed vibe. My meat-eating companions enjoyed a chicken dish and a greek sampler platter. I had a vegan style burger. It was a falafel patty with piled on lettuce and tomato. It was delicious and I couldn't even finish the burger let alone the fries too! I was a little wary about the bun, which looked like your basic store bought burger bun, the kind that usually contains animal products. But the menu clearly marked the dish as vegan, and I didn't want to bug the waitress because I knew she would have to go back to read the package and probably wouldn't recognize if anything was an animal product outside of clearly marked dairy and eggs. But all in all, great servings for a good price and tasty options cleary marked for vegetarians and vegans.

Pros: Good vegan and vegetarian options

Cons: Could be unknowingly using bread with animal produ

Fantastic food, close to the beach! - Edit

When my husband and I were planning a trip to the beach with the kids, I assumed I would need to pack all of our meals, as Atlantic Beach has very little options for the non-seafood eater. After a quick look online the night before, I found this gem of a restaurant!

While the restaurant does serve a variety of meat options, the menu was clearly labeled "vegan" and "vegetarian". Our waitress was very knowledgeable and helped us make the right choices when ordering. For the children to share (ages 6, 4, and 1), I ordered the Pita Plate Sampler. The older two were ready to fight over the last falafel; it was that good!

For myself, I ordered the Falafel Entree (we're a falafel-loving family). My husband, the only meat-eater in the family, opted for their Veggie Burger. They offer two Veggie Burger options: a Vegan burger and a Vegetarian burger. The only difference is that the vegetarian version has a slice of cheese. The burger seemed to be a large falafel, flattened to form a patty. My husband absolutely loved it.

This is now our go-to restaurant when we're in the Morehead City area!

Pros: good value, labeled menu (vegan or vegetarian), good portion sizes

Cons: no vegan dessert option

Return to Morehead City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pita Plate closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.