Pita Pit

936-439-5230

2100 Sam Houston Ave Ste A, Huntsville, Texas, USA, 77340

Serves meat, vegan options available. Franchise pita sandwich and salads eatery. Menu offers 4 pita sandwiches which are vegetarian and can be made vegan by omitting the cheese. Or customize your own sandwich. Reported kitchen will clean grill and tools before cooking vegan/vegetarian offerings. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Mediterranean, Fast food, Salad bar, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by dragonflytotem

awesome place - Edit

I ordered the spicy black bean on wheat, amd told her I needed it vegan, they cleaned the grill for me and grilled my patty and vegs

Pros: several vegan options, many can be made vegan by o

Cons: cant think of any

Great Experience - Vegan in Huntsville! - Edit

We ate there on 2/9/17 while on a road trip and were looking for any vegan options that might be available in a somewhat non-vegan town (lacking HappyCow listings!). After taking a look at the online menu for Pita Pit, decided to give it a try. Note though that their online menu doesn't really mention vegan so you have to do a bit of reading between the lines (but the in store menu clearly lists vegan options).

The staff was very knowledgeable about vegan - we told them that it was our first time there, and asked for them to guide us through what vegan options were available.

There are four types of pita sandwiches available that can be made vegan by simply eliminating the cheese, and we were also told that they could do any of the salad options as vegan. I ordered the Spicy Black Bean pita, which is listed as a "Vegan Black Bean Patty" and my fiance ordered a Garden pita, and we both ordered avocado as an extra.

I was very impressed that the staff asked if we would like for them to clean and sanitize the grill and tools prior to cooking our pitas, and we happily said yes to that -- that is the first time that I have been asked if I would prefer that!

The pitas can be complimented with the many items from the extras available (think Subway, as you select and then they add). One nice touch is that they also then asked whether we would prefer our extras to be grilled as well, or just served cold.

We selected our extra items -- spinach, onions, mushrooms, peppers, banana peppers and they grilled those, adding a "secret sauce" that was composed primarily of banana pepper juice. In addition they have about a dozen additional sauces that you can select from and those that are vegan or vegetarian are clearly marked.

The pitas themselves were EXCELLENT. Having become a vegan a couple of years ago, living in this part of Texas you have to learn to survive and are happy for any option other than the "well, we have side salads". This was way beyond having to settle for something less as the quality of the food as well as the outstanding friendly and knowledgeable staff made this a great choice. We will without a doubt be back here each and every time we're on a road trip in the area.

As one additional side note in case it is of interest -- one of the staff was familiar with geocaching. When we told her that we were in the area for geocaching she told us about some of the nearby caches!

Pros: Tasty vegan options available, Staff very knowledgeable about vegan, Cleaned & sanitized grill & tools for our order

Cons: Lack of vegan cheese options, Lack of vegan meat substitutes, Online menu doesn't stress vegan options

Return to Huntsville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pita Pit closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.