Pita Pit

289-320-8484

237 Garrison Rd, Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada, L2A 1M7

Serves meat, vegan options available. Fast food franchise offering pita pocket sandwiches, smoothies, and salads. Custom make your order by choosing from the fillings and sauces. Has hummus, black bean burger, falafel, fresh veggies.

Category: Lacto, American, Mediterranean, Fast food, Salad bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by redjeans

an oasis in a desert of meat eaters - Edit

I live in Fort Erie but rarely eat here because there are next to no vegan/veg options. But then I found Pita Pit. Similar to Subway just down the road, Pita Pit offers fresh veggies, sauces and enough variety to satisfy one of us.

They're open til late at night, open every day, and cheap, cheap, cheap. Who HEARD of a meal for $5 in a Canadian city near Toronto?????? The variety of toppings is huge and varied. If you get a falafel you can ask them to scrape the grill and utensils and they're happy to do so. They'll lavish your pita with hummus and babaganoush, add extra of what you really like, and are genuinely nice people. They really need a sign that says VEG FRIENDLY (yes, I've told them)to alert all those of us who will pass over Fort Erie and just head to Buffalo's cornucopia of veggie offerings. I eat at Pita Pit enough that they know me, and I love the place. Try it out!

Pros: cheap, good variety, fresh food

Cons: don't advertise their vegginess

Return to Fort Erie Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pita Pit closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.