Pita Pan

Contact 66887450

Bay Front Avenue Unit 1-87, Marina Bay, Central Singapore, Singapore, 01897

Vegetarian restaurant located at the Marina Bay Sands Mall, Level 1. Offers in-house-made pita, falafel, and Middle Eastern salads. Counter service. Mon-Sun 7:00am-12:00am

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Fast food, Salad bar, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Middle Eastern

First Review by Xsimx

Expensive but nice salads - Edit

Good for a change if you are after Lebanese, but a bit expensive for take away/eat in cafeteria style food. We got the felafel platters without babaganouj (to make it vegan, the babaganouj has egg mayonnaise in it) - there was a great variety of salads and the felafel was better than most places, but the hummus could have had more flavour (possibly missing the garlic). Charged for tap water, too. Good spot if you happen to be at Marina Bay Sands.

Pros: Variety of vegetables , Fast

Cons: Overpriced

Overpriced but the food was OK - Edit

The prizes are really very high but considering its in Marina Bay Sands shopping mall I'd rather say it's OK I understand. One falafel sandwich with French fries and soft drink is about S$20.
We had a falafel and a veggie shawarma sandwich meal. And I must say I had eaten much better. The pita was definitely the weakest part, most probably these preordered microwaved ones but for sure not made there fresh. The falafel was good and they were made fresh for us but the veggie "meat" in the shawarma was completely cold. The good thing was that both sandwiches had a lot of tasty salad and veggies in them. With the french fries together you have a complete meal which makes you definitely full but I wouldn't say it's very healthy.

Very good falafel - Edit

Nice place at Marina Bay. Opposite the ArtSience Museum. Had falafel in pita bread with salad, vegetables and humus. Combo comes with fries and soft drink.
Not cheap but absolutely worth the money.

Pros: Combo , select the ingredients yourself

Cons: vegan options not explicitly stated

Disappointing - Edit

I visited this place today (7 January 2013) and was looking forward to having some Middle Eastern food. When we came in the person at the counter was on the phone and simply asked to take down our orders hurriedly while still on the phone call. As I needed to let him know I was vegan I told him I would need to talk to him, so he briefly left his phone call and I asked him about this. He responded in a dismissive manner that this would all be OK and I should go and sit down. The displayed pictures showed the food served on dishes but it came in paper bags and wrapping. (Arguably not unexpected for a falafel but one reason I went was because I thought this was not the case and wanted to avoid packaging.) The food was fine: Pita pocket with falafel, chips and drink was around S$15. I asked if a drink was mango juice and was told it was but it turned out to be a sweetened mango drink (possibly not veg*n). This could have been due to language issues but speaks to the importance of customers being careful to be clear about answers to their questions.

Cons: Impolite staff, Too much waste, Rushed ordering process

Good, Standard Mediterranean Cuisine - Edit

While I was here, I had a sundried tomato falafel, a salad and a cous cous with vegetable soup.

I enjoyed all of them. The pita bread that came with the falafel was soft, chewy and fragrant, which complimented the crunchiness of falafel well. The salad dressing was light and pleasant, while the vegetables gave a good range of textures.

However, the falafel and vegetable soup were a little too salty for my taste (this is the norm of Mediterranean cuisine, I don't think other restaurants do it much differently) and the cous cous was too fine to be eaten on its own (but it's good with the soup, the texture makes it seem like cheese flakes).

Also, the restaurant is markedly less classy than other restaurants in Marina Bay Sands, so keep that in mind if you're planning to dine there.

All in all, I would still come back here to eat again.

Pros: A lot of options, Tasty

Cons: A little pricey

Great falafels, great price - Edit

Found this place on the Singapore vegetarian society site and had to check it out. In a really nice new shopping mall on the marina bay. Meal deals available with fries, and it serves alcohol and soft drinks. They also serve non-falafel based meals. Check out their website for full menu and prices.

Pros: Great food, Good location, Reasonable price

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pita Pan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1268 times since Feb 2012.