Pita Jungle

Contact 928-774-0086

320 S Regent St, Flagstaff, Arizona, USA, 86001

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of chain restaurant in the Southwest, offering Middle Eastern and Mediterranean food. Has vegan suitable items, including 4 appetizers, 4 salads, some sides, the falafel pita, veggie wrap, and macro plate. See website chart which notes which items are vegan. Casual nice sit-down dining.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by Fritz

LOVED it! - Edit

This was one of the best meals I have eaten in a LONG time! Both the normal hummus and the cilantro jalapeno were amazing, the garlic dip was delicious and creamy, the gazpacho was so fresh, the dolmates were delicious, and the pita were great. We all loved every single bite of our meal and I can't wait to come back to try some of the (many) other vegan dishes were didn't get to!

Pros: Tons of options, Everything was delicious

excellent and vegan friendly - Edit

This restaurant is more vegan friendly than meets the eye. Their website lists every item on their menu and whether it is vegan, and many options are available. The food is delicious and the decor lovely

Pros: many vegan options, identified on web

Pita Jungle - Edit

My falafel wrap just wasn't that good. I've been to Pita Jungle in the past and liked the falafel wrap before - my tastes have either changed or this location doesn't make a good wrap. I had the cauliflower dish at a location in Phoenix a few days back and liked it (although it wasn't "the bomb" and the waitress had implied).

My first Pita Jungle experience and def not last! - Edit

We rolled into Flagstaff with a flat tire and pulled into the organic supermarket to fuel ourselves up. I sent my gf over to pita jungle to check out the menu since it looked so fancy and modern and popular, we were BLOWN away by the vegan option. They will veganize just about anything, but the main options are wraps, 1000 beans, and macro plate. The lemonade is really good, too. This is probably the best Pita Jungle I've been in, it has a full bar and a community table along with outdoor seating.

Pros: 1000 beans

Will Always Remember the Fried Cauliflower - Edit

The thing I will always remember about this nice restaurant is the fried cauliflower with tahini sauce that was on the appetizer specials when we ate there twice in June of this year. Golden brown and topped with scrumptious tahini, this was the best fried cauliflower we have ever tasted! When we complimented it to one of the servers, she said that yes, a lot of people really liked it, and had urged them to put it on the regular menu. It went perfectly with my white wine!

The Macro Platter was also very good, particularly the tofu. The second time we ate at Pita Jungle, my partner and I both had the Lentil Fetoosh Salad (after finishing the fried cauliflower, of course!). This huge salad features lentils and rice with caramelized onions, heaped upon a bed of mixed greens, tomatoes, red onions, and cucumbers, with a lemon vinaigrette dressing. This was very enjoyable and extremely filling (especially after the fried cauliflower appetizer!).

The atmosphere at Pita Jungle was very pleasant, and the service was quite good. With almost all of the tables occupied, and the sound of laughter, happy conversations, and upbeat background music, it was clear that this was a popular restaurant and we could see why. If we ever spend the night in Flagstaff again, there's no question where we'll be heading for dinner.

Pros: Outstanding food, pleasant atmosphere, various vegan and gluten-free dishes

Cons: menu is not 100% vegetarian

Return to Flagstaff Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pita Jungle closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1787 times since Jan 2010.