Pita Jungle

Contact 480-473-2321

20910 N Tatum Blvd Unit 140, Desert Ridge, Arizona, USA, 85050

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of chain restaurant in the Southwest, offering Middle Eastern and Mediterranean food. Has vegan suitable items, including 4 appetizers, 4 salads, some sides, the falafel pita, veggie wrap, and macro plate. See website chart which notes which items are vegan. Casual nice sit-down dining. Open .

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by Tigra220

Not my fav Pita Jungle in the Valley... - Edit

...but it's convenient. The food is good, no problem there. I get the hummus (try different flavors to see which you like best) and the falafel. I end up having falafel sandwiches for several days this way. The beans & rice dish is good and flavorful, and I like the seasoned potatoes (mix it with their hot sauce for additional kick).
I really wish their black bean burger didn't contain dairy. :( I mean, what's the point??

The restaurant is very nice and spacious. The location is great. Off of the 101 & Tatum, go north on Tatum; Pita Jungle is in a strip mall on the west side of Tatum. (You'll see a US Bank from the street). Plenty of parking.

The bartender, who attended to my carry-out order was a bit smug. (I'm big on customer service.) It felt much more pretentious than the other PJs in the Valley and I didn't care for that. But this is bordering "Snottsdale" so I suppose it comes with the territory?

Focus on the food, ignore the rest, and you'll be fine.

Pros: Good hummus and falafel, Plenty of parking, Menu points out vegan items nicely

Cons: Needs to Veganize that black bean burger!

Return to Desert Ridge Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pita Jungle closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 648 times since Sep 2012.