Pisang-Pisang

+62-81238441996

Jalan Jungutbatu, Banjar Kaja, Nusa Lembongan, Desa Jungutbatu, Bali, Indonesia, 0366

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small restaurant attached to Rama Garden Retreat. Menu has many vegetarian, gluten-free and vegan choices, and most ingredients are organic. Has an extensive smoothie and fresh juice menu, light meals, including many vegan dishes and others that can be made vegan. Menu notes that chicken or egg in any dish can be replaced with tempeh or tofu. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Juice bar, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by VeganNatascha

Best option on Lembongan - Edit

I have to admit I was cautious about eating here after reading a few negative reviews and defensive responses recently. But there are limited options for vegans and vegos on the island so I gave it a go last night. I'm so glad I did! We ate the best food we've had on Lembongan so far!

They've obviously made a renewed effort to provide for vegans and vegos - some new dishes have appeared on the menu and they note that chicken or egg can be replaced by tempe or tofu in any dish. When I was there the menu didn't mention fish sauce in the "veg" dishes, as previous reviewer mentioned, so that would be worth checking.

We ordered drinks from the "mixology" menu which were delicious, fresh, and inventive. Between 2, we ordered 2 "light meals" (more like appetisers) and one main. Others have commented on the small portion sizes but I thought this was a generous, though not excessive, amount of food. Each dish was thoughtfully prepared with attention to detail and the flavour combos, spices and seasonings are subtle and creative. If my partner enjoyed eating eggplant, they're doing it right!

The place itself is cozy, surrounded by garden and bungalows, lamps hanging from the trees, surf and marine conservation movies playing on TV. There are even cards and board games to play while you wait. We played a few hands of UNO while waiting for our entrees, which took about 20 min. We waited a further 20 min for our main, which is more than reasonable for freshly cooked meals.

If you're looking to pay 15,000 IDR for a nasi goreng, go elsewhere. But if you appreciate thoughtfully designed and prepared healthy, plant-based food, please eat at Pisang Pisang!

Pros: range of juices and smoothies, games while you wait

Cons: long wait times

Achtung Fischsoße! - Edit

Fast alle vegetarischen Gerichte enthalten Fischsoße, das steht aber auch auf der Karte. Das vegane Curry ist ohne Fischsoße und ziemlich leckere. Große Auswahl an Smoothies. gehobenes Preisniveau.

Pros: Leckeres Essen

Cons: Fast alle Gerichte enthalten Fischsoße, Gehobenes Preisniveau

Return to Bali Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pisang-Pisang closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.