Pirate's Bone

645 E 59th St, Kansas City, Missouri, USA, 64110

Short but sweet all-vegan menu, including bagels, sandwiches, chili, pozole, beet burgers, salads. Drinks are mainly coffee and tea based, but does offer Mexican hot brew and dirty horchata, both made with rice milk. Rice, almond, coconut and soy milks are available. Open Wed-Fri 7:30am-3:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-2:00pm. Closed Mon, Tue.

Categories: Vegan, American, International, Organic, Take-out, Catering

First Review by spunkiVeg

Can't wait to visit again - Edit

I don't visit KC very often, so I'm so glad I stumbled upon this gem. Menu was small, but I still struggled to order because everything sounded soooo good. I ended up with a beet burger and a mango black tea. The burger was humongous and wicked delicious.

This will definitely become a part of my KC routine, I intend to try everything on this menu!

Pros: so many vegan choices!

Great Lunch - Edit

Driving to this, I was hoping that we had the right address, but sure enough, there it was in a set of stores in the middle of a residential neighborhood.

A narrow storefront with seating for twelve or so.

My partner did not get the water she requested, but we had a great lunch that met our needs. The Beet Burger was almost to big to eat with my hands and needed adjustment to keep it together, but it was very good.

I'll put it on my list of places to go back to it I'm in Kansas City again.

As we arrived, several parties were leaving and opened up a place to sit.. When we left, there were a number of people waiting to be seated.

Pros: Reasonably priced, Homey

Cons: Easily overcrouded, Off the beaten path.

How did we not know about this place?! - Edit

We pass through Kansas City occasionally, but didn't find this gem until last week. My sweetheart enjoyed his bagel sandwich. I enjoyed my beet burger salad (a patty severed on a bed of spinach instead of a bun). We also shared the chili which was really good. In addition, they also have vegan hot cocoa and a dirty horchata which we had for dessert. All very good.

Pros: Friendly people, Price , Delicious, beautifully prepared food

Return to Kansas City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pirate's Bone closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.