Pipino: Vegetarian Food by Pino

• Vegan
Contact 63-2-4411773

39 Malingap Street, Teachers Village, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines,

Sample items such as taro chips with wasabi dip, vegetable curry with rice, eggplant & tofu miso, vegan chocolate cake, tofu satay.

Category: Vegan, Asian, Filipino

First Review by ramayogini

worth trying I guess - Edit

Restaurant set up was great the choices were quite diverse and this is yet the first restaurant that we've been thorugh that offers purely vegetables in their menu. Most dishes were made from vegetables and only a few are infused with veggie meat. Desserts were also available( dairy free and egg-free) but I was not able to try it. Their desserts look tasty though. In terms of the food, I find their dishes a bit pricey. I mean I understand that they are made especially for vegetarians but the price does not meet the taste, well at least in my taste bud's opinion. Give it a try, maybe you'll find the tastiness fair for the price.

Pros: good set-up

Cons: a bit pricey , small space

The first all-vegan restaurant in the Metro - Edit

Pipino is the first all-vegan restaurant in Metro Manila. They offer plenty of innovative dishes and baked goods. Their menu changed slightly over the years, creating more dishes with a twist. They could improve on their mac n' cheese and lasagna (which is sweet - they probably use sweet soy milk in the cheese sauce) and remove the watermelon steak from the menu (perhaps reintroduce watermelon as a drink or dessert instead of a main)

MUST TRY: Pinakbet risotto, kare-kare, pipino cooler

Pros: Great location, Cozy vibe

Cons: Inconsistent food quality

Pinoy Vegan!!! - Edit

In my recent visit to the Philippines in December 2014, I was shocked at how many Filipino restaurants had popped up since my last visit five years ago. My very carnivorous cousins brought us to Pipino as the first stop. It was very good, but I think it may have been the priciest of the three restaurants I was able to visit. It was basically counter service. The food was very interesting. They had these veggie triangles that my cousins loved. I really enjoyed the vegan kare kare. There was also a vegan chicken and rice dish that was very good.

They also served vegan bagoong, taro chips (yum!), vegan ice cream, and vegan chocolate cake, which was really, really good!

Pros: Pinoy Vegan food!

Cons: On the pricey side

An Absolute Gem - Edit

3 vegetarians and an omni dined here tonight and we loved every dish that we ordered.

We ordered: croquettas, stuffed tomatoes, tofu bistek, lumpia, vege adobo curry, pandan custard, pineapple and mango dessert fritters and fresh mango juice. (Our omni friend also ordered a meat dish)

Everything was superbly presented and full of flavour and colour.

They have a separate veg*n menu with pictures so you can see what you're ordering (very helpful for us as we are from Australia).

Service was quick and attentive. The restaurant got very full very quickly so we were glad we arrived early.

Other reviews have said the vegetarian part is upstairs through the back but we did not find this to be the case. We walked in the front door on street level and were handed both menus as we sat.

3 courses for 4 people came to P2075 including 5% service charge which is extraordinarily cheap in AU$.

We will be back.

Pros: Quality of Food, Variety, Veg*n Versions of Traditional Filipino Food

Good Food - Edit

It is located in a Subdivision. If you don't have a private car just ride a tricycle so you will not be lost.
Pipino is on the 2nd floor. 1st floor is Bar that serves meat.
The food is okay but a little bit pricey. What i like is the nice vibe and it's interior.
We ate vegan lasagna and their specialty drinks Pino iced tea with vegan cake.

Pros: good food, nice vibe

Cons: small portions, difficult to locate

food is only ok, cupcakes are good - Edit

If you want a good dessert, then come to Pipino for the cupcakes and especially the coconut ice cream.

The food itself is tasteless and bland. I've been here 6-7 times as there isn't much choice in the city for veg food. I always hope for something better, but I can only hope.

Beware of some of the fried items. They do cook it in oil that fish is cooked in. The waiter will tell you everything is cooked in a separate pan. Yet when I ate the onion rings and tasted something funny, the waiter and cooked admitted to me this fact.

The atmosphere is hip and fresh. Yet, your neighbor might be munching on a fish head.

Pros: good desserts, pancit canton, atmosphere

Cons: bland food, not truly vegetarian

An option but just OK - Edit

Because they avail of a delivery service, I've ordered from them several times. Mostly disappointed. Their sandwiches (the buns or bread) had always been unavailable. So call ahead if that's what you intend to have. The vegan lasagna is too sweet, Pinoy style. The banana polenta is super bland, the stuffed demi dried tomatoes made me feel like I was just eating rice and tomatoes. The camote croquetas are huge, but more like eating just softened camote. Their chocolate cake was also dry. I stick mostly to the appetizers like the mushroom salpicao, which tastes okay but a little soupy, the veggie tempura and the eggless lumpia. I also have the soup, which is okay but nothing remarkable.

Cons: Limited options, Taste needs improvement, Menu availability

Our First Time at Pipino Vegetarian Restaurant - Edit

now This Restaurant has Two Floors, bottom entrances to the Meat Dishes Restaurant, and at the Second Floor through the back and up the stairs you will find the Vegetarian Section... Nice Cozy(small) Warm Atmosphere. Greetings was great with smiles, ordering was quick with patience, now the important part, since this was our first time eating there Ill give it two more times try then your out...anyways, the Food, I ordered a Wasabi Ceazar Salad, Croughtons were just cut up bread, not even toasted, does make a difference, wasabi salad dressing was weak and watered down... no extravagant flavors popping out to enhance the plain lettuce nor the plain bread. so the Meal, Portobello Burger with Cheese, not filling at all, like a mushroom only burger, 2 caps between sweet bbq sauce with a tomato slice and a leaf of lettuce..... hardly any cheese...not worth 275.00 pesos any day or night. next Stuffed Demi with Sundried tomatoes... very good well done... bravo. pipino ginger tea was ok too...

Pros: Smiles, Tea, Taro Chips

Cons: Staff not observant, Main Dish Came Before the Salad., Glass of Ice Water came from tap.

Interesting menu but way too sweet - Edit

We enjoyed the ambience here and the variety on the menu was stimulating. The food however was not all that health oriented - for starters it was way too sweet (to the point where in some cases it was difficult to eat). Why douse such beautiful ingredients in unhealthy condiments?

A nice place for tea and a chat with friends, but not a serious dinner destination in our book. The cakes were lovely albeit very crumbly and difficult to eat.

Pros: lovely ambience, diverse menu, some local dishes

Cons: too much sugar

Loved it! - Edit

We ate here along with my non-veg cousin yesterday! what can I say!A bit hard to find but it's all worth it. We ate the vegan lasagna, the tempura, the salpicao and the pino iced tea and we were so full. A very generous serving and the staffs are friendly. We will definitely be back here with my cam to capture the foods.

Pros: fast serving, nice ambiance, friendly staff

Return to Metro Manila Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pipino: Vegetarian Food by Pino closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4357 times since Jul 2010.