Chinese
Malaysian

Est. 2016 serving local food that's vegetarian and vegan, with dishes like asam laksa, hokkien mee, jawa mee, loh mee, among others Uses natural ingredients. Previously at 32 Jalan Moulmein Pulau Tikus and called Pin Xin Vegan Delight. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-8:30pm. Last orders 8:15pm.

Venue map for Pinxin Vegan Cuisine - 品馨蔬食
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Yi-VonneHooi

Jule(TrailTofu)

Points +689

16 Feb 2024

Great food

I enjoyed two lunches here. And one Grab order.
The portions were generous, and food was very tasty And was served quickly.
Staff was lovely and welcoming.

One comment stated the AC didn’t cool down enough?😄so I thought actually it’s too cold as in many places here, so I brought and needed a scarf.

Pros: Food was Great, Staff very friendly , Lemongrass Ginger tea 👍

Cons: AC a little to cold for me

walter007

Points +7274

14 Feb 2024

Reflection

Pinxin Vegan Cuisine consistently ranks at the top of my list for vegan dining in Penang. I always recommend it to people visiting the area. However, during our recent visit, I noticed several changes. The restaurant seemed understaffed, and while the food was decent, the portions appeared smaller. The air conditioning didn't adequately cool the space, and the restaurant could benefit from some refurbishment as it appeared outdated. Additionally, the main door made a loud squeaking sound. Despite these issues, Pinxin Vegan Cuisine still holds a special place in my heart, and I hope it can regain its former fame and charm.

Cons: Not enough parking space

craigmacd

Points +65

11 Feb 2024

Well deserved top rating!!

Great vegan choices, great choice outside of town centre

SDon

Points +726

02 Feb 2024

Good food, nice setting

The Laksa soup was good, huge portion but the taste was "just" good and nothing special. The satay sticks were yummy though! Cozy atmosphere and super friendly staff.

Sharon.McInerney

Points +71

30 Jan 2024

Yum

Nasi lemak classic is absolutely delicious! Must try!

girovago

Points +147

29 Jan 2024

Didn’t meet expectations

Perhaps it was the dish I chose but I was a little underwhelmed by this raved about venue. I ordered the “signature” asam laksa. Serving size was good and the noodles were well-cooked. The flavour was too subtle for my liking (not sour enough) and there was only a small amount of cucumber and pineapple. If I were to go back I would try something different.

Updated from previous review on 2024-01-29

Kaya&Brad

Points +1484

22 Jan 2024

Fine

Can’t complain, decent food, nothing to massively toot about.

Pros: Nice decor , Reliable

Cons: Limited variety menu

Jcj3ssi3

Points +1196

04 Jan 2024

The food is amazing omg

I got the Java mee (I got the chilli on the side as I didn’t want it to be too spicy) and the sauce was really good, not watery and full of flavour. The mushrooms were amazing as well. Next was the clear soup mini pot, the broth was heavenly omg I didn’t expect it to be so good but it was. The nasi lemak was good too, the sambal was the star of the dish imo. Tbh everything was good

Pros: Food is top tier

Cons: Service is a bit slow, Slightly expensive

GillVHibbitt

Points +638

21 Dec 2023

Wow!

Totally delicious and filling food. Very friendly staff.
Had rice and veg first time and had choc brownie to go.
2 nd time .. noodles

Next time : who knows 😋

Pros: All vegan, Great flavor and portions , Very welcoming

Don-

Points +187

21 Dec 2023

Vegan restaurant in Penang so that’s a plus

The food was great, a bit of a hike out of the center of the town. Ordered the veg curry and masala curry, both were good, not as spicy as advertised, and as the curry sauces were premixed it was not possible to adjust them. However, a pleasant dinning experience.

Pros: Quality of the meals , All vegan

Cons: Quite far out of town, Not licensed to serve alcohol

Sabry

Points +24

12 Dec 2023

Amazing for local vegan food

best place to try veganised Penang specialities !

veggiexplorer

Points +4751

03 Nov 2023

Tried their ready to eat meals in Singapore

From Singapore & I love the ready to eat packs as with simple heating at comfort of home, I managed to whip up a delicious spread of Nonya food in just 15 mins, for my family. I also like it that they do not use preservatives, additives, white sugar and white salt too. 🌟

We had Sambal petai tempeh, Classic satay, Watercress soup, Assam fish and Mei cai (preserved vege). The foodies were well packed and delivered in cooler bag. We love the savoury Assam fish, and Sambal petai tempeh the most 😋

Pros: Convenient , Tasty, Many Variety

AnnaFenton

Points +2203

21 Oct 2023

Pinxin

We visited twice and strongly reccommend the Siew mai as they were delicious, the Assam mania fish was lovely ! And the nasi lemak!
We didn’t enjoy the laksa and was quite different to other laksas we’ve tried and the other noodle dish didn’t seem to have much flavour. But the other things we tried were lovely and everyone that worked there were so kind and sweet

natalich

Points +256

08 Oct 2023

Fully vegan nice restaurant

We found this place a bit overhyped.
Maybe it was the dishes that we choose, but we weren't impressed by the taste.
I got noodles with some type of peanut sauce/soup and it tasted like it really missed some salt.
Also, the firey curry is really firey. Literally can't taste anything but burning spice.
The best part was the cake! Although quite expensive at 22RM
The service was friendly and the interior is really beautiful.

MariucaBolaños

Points +260

15 Sep 2023

Variety and quality

A good menu with first, side, children menu and dessert. I had the hericium dark sauce rice with and interesting sweetish taste, apricot&peach tea and brownies.

Pros: Wide and comfortable dining room

Cons: More Expensive than other restaurants in George T.

david_droes

Points +3345

10 Sep 2023

Nice location, average food 🥘

Loved the interior of this place, service was awkward but friendly, food was meh. It didn’t taste special and was very oily, had a lake of oil on my plate, which I don’t find very appetizing. The highlight was the dip for the satay. Maybe I chose the wrong dish, I’ll be back and try something else and might change my review.

Pros: Interior

Cons: Food very oily

LieveMargarete

Points +38

09 Aug 2023

Cosmic yum yum flavours!

I had the asam laksa, my partner the nasi lemak, and both tasted out of this world. Hojicha latte is my new favourite from now on. Friendly staff, quick service, amazing choices, lovely place! I'd eat there every day if I could.

Pros: Menu choices , Engagement to cook vegan for a better planet, Interior

Cherimoya60

Points +74

03 Aug 2023

Plentiful and tasty

Everything I had the Nasi Lemak and Tom Yam and my wife had the Hokkien mee soup big bowl.

Pros: Good food, Friendly and helpful staff, Best vegan restaurant so far in Penang

sivvyb

Points +837

14 Jul 2023

Great local vegan food!

Delicious food with veganised dishes of local dishes. Nice place and friendly staff too. The satay and the Assam Penang Laksa are a must try!

Pros: Great food , Nice place , Friendly staff

Cons: A little out of town

sweetestpotat

Points +525

10 Jul 2023

Delicious noodles

Friendly staff, tasty food! Order through QR code so can see pictures of all the food on the menu.

RhysJones

Points +753

06 Jul 2023

Delicious fancy food

This felt like quite a fancy place when we arrived and the food lived up to that first impression.

We ordered the satay, hokkien noodles and curry noodles. The texture of the fake meat in the satay was great, and the sauce was nice too. We were glad to find chunks of the same fake meat alongside tofu in both the other dishes. We were told that the fake meat in the satay is made from monkey mushrooms.

The flavour of everything was really good, and it was a treat to find some Malaysian classics in a place where we knew everything was vegan. It also wasn't super expensive compared to some places we've been recently, even though it felt very high-end.

Pros: Fake meat in the satay

yuoyuoape

Points +27

29 Jun 2023

Amazing food must try

We tried a few things and the flavours were great

Pros: Satay, Curry noodles, Nasi lemak

IdandyHijau

Points +22

18 Jun 2023

Very Sedap!

Food was amazing! Highly recommend their Asam Laksa, Nasi Kandar and Mala Noodle! Even the Kurma is delicious! 🌱

Here.To.Travel_Jade

Points +8608

17 Jun 2023

Food highlights

The food here was incredible- one of our absolute highlights from 7 months of travel around Asia and in general. The atmosphere is very nice and the staff are friendly. Definitely a must visit when in Penang!

Marisa_Denise_

Points +100

20 May 2023

Amazing Vegan Restaurant

The restaurant offers a wide range of vegan dishes and drinks. Ir was the best vegan food we had in Malaysia so far.

PatrikBird

Points +1547

12 May 2023

delicious local dishes made vegan

I had the laksa and can totally recommend!

Pros: nice staff, very yummy

wirujacabetoniarka

Points +1269

15 Apr 2023

Rather fancy

Very good food. I’ve had laksa which was a sweet and sour soup. The place looks rather fancy and you place the order via your mobile.

Updated from previous review on 2023-04-15