First Review by DaisytheHedgehog

Want flavored sugar-slumps? Not me! - Edit

The ice cream was fair in taste, but it was full of sugar and fake flavorings; not something i would expect to be listed on health-conscious HappyCow. Although i thought i saw a sign somewhere that called the place an "Italian ice cream shop", it was unclear as to whether all flavors were ice-based and dairy-free or not, as there was no delineation. In addition, the syrups they use are fake imitations of fruits and chocolates and not the real deal. No vitamins here! From someone who has actually eaten at a healthy frozen yogurt place, this place is and was a sham. For certain, this place should be removed from Happy Cow. This is not healthy food, and it may not vegan.

Pros: tasted okay

Cons: lots of processed syrups and sugars, not dairy free?, no real fruit

Awesome sorbet and icecream - Edit

Can here while on our stay in sanibel, my boyfriend got the hazelnut gilato, and I the mango sorbet. Both were excellent and the portion sizes are enormous! I got a kiddie size and could barely finish it, two hungry adults could split a small easily.

Pros: large portion sizes, excellent flavors, quant location with history

Cons: could get a little pricey, $4+

Huge Portions! - Edit

I mean insanely, obnoxiously huge. I ordered a "rainbow cup" and it had at least 5 scoops of sorbet. I don't mean to be a party pooper, but it seemed wasteful especially when ppl who ordered ice cream were throwing away scoops that some poor dairy cow suffered mightily to produce. They should warn people about the super sizing.

They had orange, lemon & watermelon sorbet. Very refreshing on a hot day. My favorite was their cocoa-orange flavor. That was gourmet. I was disappointed, however, that none of the sorbets were marked "non-dairy" or "vegan."

Aldo, with so many amazing rice, coconut & soy ice creams available now days it seems ridiculous they don't offer at least one flavor of non-dairy icecream.

Mediocre Sorbet - Edit

I'm vegan, and I found the sorbet to be okay, but nothing special. Obviously I would love if they had some non-dairy ice cream. The staff was very nice and allowed me to read the ingredients on different toppings.

Cons: Only dairy ice cream

Return to Sanibel Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pinocchio's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 968 times since Jan 2012.