Ping Pong Dim Sum

+44-2079604160

Festival Terrace Southbank Centre, South East London, England, SE1 8XX

Serves meat, vegan options available. International chain restaurant serving dim sum, cocktails, and Chinese tea. Reported offers a separate vegan menu list. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Categories: Chinese, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by LinaBrooks

Vegan options have been reduced - Edit

Was here 4 weeks ago but now many of the vegan options are no longer on the vegan menu.

What is of concern is that those dishes that have been removed are still on the main menu - so were they not vegan before?

Pros: Has some vegan options

Cons: Reduced options available in the last 4 weeks., Vegan options may not have been vegan after all

Great Vegan Dim Sum - Edit

I think it's great that there's a separate vegan menu here, even though there isn't a great selection. It really simplifies the process and awkward conversations around "can I have this, but with this taken out" and I think more restaurants should do it.

We over-ordered quantity wise, looking at the price and thinking that they were small dishes, but there was a generous amount of food per plate.

The quality of the food itself was pretty good, we had the braised chilli rice pot, vegetable spring rolls, vegetable bun, spicy vegetable dumpling and crunchy golden dumpling. My favourite was the vegetable bun, which was surprisingly sweet to the taste.

Updated from previous review on 2017-06-18

Pros: Generous portion sizes, Seperate vegan menu , Good food

Cons: Little bit noisy on a peak Saturday night

Not too bad - Edit

It's a good place to satisfy a dumpling crave and they give you a different menu for the vegan options. It was too bad but the price was too high for the order in my opinion.

lame - Edit

We walked in, saw the vegan menu, and walked right out. I uploaded the menu with this review, and it is very short. We didn't think it was worth it with all the other vegan fare in the festival right outside the restaurant. Maybe in desperation.

Cons: vegan menu is tiny

Nice place, matter of taste - Edit

I went there with a friend. It is close to the London Eye and the "Wonderground".
You get a menu where you have to tick ✅ the meals you want to have. You also can choose one of the menus they already put together if you want to taste a little if everything and are a vegetarian or eat meat.
If you are a vegan just ask for the vegan menu which shows you the vegan options to choose.
They recommend 3-5 dishes per person to be full.
I chose the three dips, the vegan rice with tofu, black beans and vegetables, the vegetable dumplings and the vegetable sticky rice.
I think if you like traditional Asian food this might be a place for you but if you are used to the "European Asian food" don't expect it to be the same.
I liked the sweet and sour dip and the rice.
The dumplings had an ingredient which I couldn't recognize and didn't really like. The sticky rice came in something like algae leaves and I didn't really know how to eat it.

Maybe that's just because I'm used to the European adapted food and this is an individual choice but I wouldn't go there for a second time.

Pros: nice staff, vegan menu available, lovely plates an

Cons: very individual kind of taste with some foods, not

Excellent place for dumpling lovers - Edit

Really enjoyed eating here, they had 4 different dumpling + some other vegan dishes.

Pros: Stylish place , Reasonable no of vegan options, Vegan specific menu

Cons: If you eat a lot, bill can end up big

Return to South East London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ping Pong Dim Sum closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.