Pine Tree Cafe

190 Middle Rd, #02-13/09, Fortune Centre, Central Singapore, Singapore, 188979

Name in Chinese: 长春素. A very popular café located on the 2nd floor of Fortune centre which houses at least 10 other vegetarian eateries. This cafe serves a variety of local Chinese food like clay-pot chicken nugget rice, chicken cutlet noodle, sardine curry puff, Yong Tau Foo, Thunder Rice, Nasi Lemak etc. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Chinese, Singaporean

First Review by Peace ...

Beautiful vegan food! - Edit

Ready to create some of this in my own kitchen ASAP! We got the lemon chicken with rice and pineapple rice. All comes with a little soup on the side, so good and cheap!

Pros: friendly staff, peacefull, delicious food

Cons: N/A

Fortune Centres finest - Edit

We visited here twice during our stay and could have ate here every day it was so good. There are so many dishes to choose from giving you the perfect opportunity to sample many things. Dishes range between $3-6 and our favourites that we ate included the fish head curry, black pepper udon noodles and the wontons. I cannot recommend this place enough.

Pros: Excellent vegan food, Inexpensive

Cons: Can be busy

Nice Mee Kai - Edit

Nice Mee Kai May try!

Pros: Econmical, Nice food, Friendly staffs

Non-vegetarian's recommendation - Edit

non-vegetarian's recommendation. It is always interesting to have non-vegetarians recommending vegetarian eateries to a vegetarian. I just LOVE it!

Kway Chap @ S$4

Vegetarian Kway Chap is not for Vegetarian only. Anyone, who fear the cleanliness of the pig's intestine and still would like to taste Kway Chap. Go for this - I would say, this is a very well presented dish with the coriander leaves enhancing the look and flavour of this dish. Value for money!

Claypot Green Curry with Brown Rice / Steamed Rice @ S$4.50

I LOVE their Veggies Claypot Green Curry - either opt to go with healthy Brown Rice or Steamed White Rice.

I always think Thai Green Curry pairing with UDON might be a good idea. Does not mean being a vegetarian, we only take rabbit food! Nay, we can be fussy and demand creative, delicious yet good veggies food too.

In the curry, there was few slices of deep-fried mock fish do not like mock fish, request to omit them, you can have more veggies), green egg-plant, tomatoes, deep-fried tofu, okra and oh yes - cauliflower! Not too sure whether I missed out any other ingredients.

Talking about decor, there isn't any to talk about at all. This is rather a good place for quick lunch(eat and go) or having dishes like Green Curry etc that not so common in hawker centre or some food court at such a reasonable price. The only problem is that, the menu is not that easy-to-read and you need to know exactly what good stuff is hidden among it.

It can be very crowded during lunch hours, and they have 2 shop's units - one at #02-09 and the #02-13.

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pine Tree Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.