First Review by ngffrussell

my favorite bar, and yes it's vegan - Edit

to the person who said they have jameson and guinness. jameson is vegan and they only carry craft beer. i'm there all the time for nearly 3 years and i've never seen guinness. you can look up their menu on beermenus. they make their own bailey's irish cream here. this bar is owned by two vegans. they have delicious warm vegan empanadas from v spot as bar snacks and the vegan shop up happens monthly here. also awesome trivia on wednesdays and my favorite karaoke in nyc on thursdays.

Pros: really fun events weekly, all vegan, vegan empanadas!

ATTENTION!!! - Edit

Pine box absolutely does NOT research what they sell, I've seen Guinness and Jameson for sale. If you're a serious vegan who does their research this faux-vegan bar shouldn't fool you for a second.

On another note.. Pine Box hosts the vegan pop up sales with a couple dozen vegan vendors selling otherwise hard to come by local vegan products.

all vegan bar! - Edit

During our NYC trip, we wanted to hit up Pine Box and it was our good luck that they were hosting the Vegan Shop Up event on the same day. Lots of vegan vendors of all sorts combined with vegan drinks made for a very fun visit. We were the first customers to arrive, so we sat right at the bar. Later on, there wasn't a seat to be found. We purchased food from the vendors which means we didn't buy their empanadas, but they looked good. As for drinks, they specialize in multiple different Bloody Mary's, so we had a few. They are spiced to your request level and piled high with garnishes. Absolutely fabulous! They also make their own Irish cream, so they made me a martini with it. Yum! They also serve other cocktails and beer which I look forward to trying on my next visit. The place has a great vibe and the bartenders are super friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

Pros: all vegan drinks, great bartenders, close to subway station

More love for Pine Box - Edit

Great bar, all vegan, delicious snacks and the best vegan bloody mary's ever! Seriously they are toweringly high and over flowing with garnishes - well worth the price tag.

Pros: all vegan bar, bloody marys, empanadas

fun - Edit

This is a good place to hang out, and I love knowing that everything is vegan. Empenadas and warm pretzels are tasty snacks.
I wasn't impressed by the nudie photos all over the bathroom though.
Close to the subway.

a vegan bar! - Edit

Pine Box Rock shop is a vegan bar. You can drink bloody marys w/o the fear of fishy Worcestershire sauce and have beers that haven't been filtered with fish bladders or whatever other weird stuff brewers do that can make beer not exactly vegan

Pros: bloody marys, vegan bar food

Return to Brooklyn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pine Box Rock Shop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1774 times since Apr 2012.