Pimento Tea Rooms

Contact 01522-544880

26A Steep Hill, Lincoln, England, LN2 1LU

Typically a choice of 3 main courses, with at least one being vegan. Also a selection of toasts, salads, sandwiches, baked potatoes with many toppings, and cakes with at least 1 vegan cake. Large range quality teas and coffees; soya milk available. Try the vegan hot chocolate. Sits between The Wig and Mitre & Imperial Teas, near castle & cathedral, enter via Pimento dress shop.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, British, English

First Review by Mojoruth

great place for vegans veggies and everyone else! - Edit

Food is delicious. Always a good choice of vegan food and they ave soya milk and you can even have a fancy vegan got chocolate.

Pros: lovely setting and great service

Cons: could do with more vegan cake choices

Old-Fashioned Oasis - Edit

I come here whenever I eat out in Lincoln, once a month or so. I'd give Pimento 4 stars for food because it's all GOOD rather than vibrantly creative, but the selection of teas and coffees from world-class must-visit tea shop Imperial Teas a few doors down the hill pushes it safely into the 5 star zone. The location and atmosphere also help. Daily selections vary among a fairly diverse repetoire - the Ethiopian peanut stew is my favourite, but the goulash is also pretty amazing. I often order one of their lovely baked potatoes though - very good value and plenty of toppings available. Everything comes with their lovely salad garnish. They always have a vegan hot dessert option but it's tempting to order the no-sugar no-fat fruit cake every time!

Pros: tea and coffee selection, prompt efficient service, lovely location & vibe

Cons: accessibility tricky for wheelchairs etc

Perfect pit-stop in Lincoln - Edit

It was Easter Sunday when I found Pimento's. Lincoln was insanely busy, and it was the middle of lunchtime, but I managed to get a seat and served really quickly. It was odd sitting watching people shopping over the corridor (the teashop is in a clothes shop!) while I was stuffing my face but the place has a lovely vibrant atmosphere and the staff were excellent and attentive, and the food completely wonderful. Pimento's is the perfect refuelling pit-stop. I had a Sri Lankan curry with sweet potato & cashews with rice - I'm salivating at the memory of it! - with a deliciously refreshing coffee called Papua Bird of Paradise. The choice of teas and coffees alone makes this the best place to stop for a breather - halfway up Steep Hill, you'll likely need a rest! - but with vegan and veggie food of this calibre, there's nowhere else I'll go next time I'm in Lincoln. A 5-star find!

Pros: Amazing food, Attentive staff, Lovely building

Cons: Honestly can't think of any

Pimento Tea Rooms, Lincoln - Edit

Small, cosy, friendly staff, very vegan friendly, tasty food. If you're trying to find it, look for the steep hill that leads to the castle, just as the address suggests.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Nice staff, Tasty food

a great cafe - Edit

We went there last SDeptember, 2009.A brilliant vegan meal, fine staff, excellent vegan carrot cake.Pricey though so do watch your pocket.

Pros: vegan carrot cake, vegan meals, outdoor seating

Cons: expensive

Loved it! - Edit

I went there last month with my boyfriend. It was my first trip to England alone.
I told him whereabout it was and we started climbing steep hill. Only stopped to look at bookshops.

We found it and went in. The staff was friendly and was pretty fast at taking our order. My boyfriend had a soup and I had a baked potato with mixed cheeses. Lots of cheese! I'm a big potato fan, so felt that the potato wasn't quite big enough for all that cheese. It tasted really good and the soup was good too.
For afters we shared a chocolate cakey thing. Mmm...

Next time I'm going to visit my boyfriend in England, we're definitely going there again!

Pros: friendly staff, nice and quiet, good food and cake

Cons: steep hill really is steep

Wonderful find - Edit

Fell accross this haven by accident. Just looking for lunch and happened to read the sign! Tiny place, very cosy with good and friendly service. Our soups and toastie were excelent. Well worth the climb up the hill. Difficult to access due to extermeme age of building.

Pros: Good food, good service, different

Cons: Cosy, Access

Well worth a visit - Edit

Lovely to find a cafe that is signwritten on its frontage as vegetarian and vegan. Pimento is clean, cosy, ideally situated for the tourist sites in Lincoln. The service is good, the food excellent and the teas and coffees exceptional, with soya milk available and some vegan cakes. Highly recommend a visit.

Pros: Good food, Fantastic coffees and teas, Good service

Cons: Only one toilet

Lovely Little Place - Edit

We went to the tea rooms after winning a gift voucher at a vegan fayre. They have a specials menu which is where the vegan options would be, as the main menu only has jacket & beans. We had Veg soup with two different types of bread & then carrot cake, both were very nice. We ended up going back 2 weeks later & had bean stew which was fantastic!! For 2 adults & 2 children to have a drink, main meal & dessert it cost us just over £30, which is very fair, especially when you couldn't possibly eat any more. I will be going back very soon!And will be stocking up on heavanly carrot cake!

Pros: Friendly Staff , Amazing Vegan Cake

Cons: Need More Vegan Options

What a surprise! - Edit

My now-husband and I spent a few days in Lincoln a year and a half ago and both of us spent a day walking around town, visiting the cathedral and castle. My husband had been before, and surprised me by taking me for a delicious meal at this sweet little tea room as the last thing we did on our day out! I remember ordering Jamaican Blue coffee, a vegan slice of pie, and splitting two different vegan meals between the two of us. And then ordering a different vegan dessert, just because I was delighted to find a restaurant in Lincoln that served such yummy vegan food. I would definitely recommend this place to anybody.

Pros: great food & selection, wonderful service

Cons: might be difficult to find

Yum Yum in Lincoln. - Edit

We had lunch at this lovely cafe this weekend and really wish we could have had a few more meals there. Simple jacket potato with mounds of tasty, strong cheddar cheese and a light, bright salad for me and a bowl of home made Leek and Potato soup with crusty bread for my partner. Homemade cake was on offer but we had a restaurant table booked for the evening so had to hold back. Aceess is limited to people who are able to make it up a very steep hill with stairs inside due to the age of the building. Other diners at a table nearby asked which dishes were suitable for somebody on a wheat free diet and the waitress had no problem pointing them out to them. You will shed some weight on the way up the hill but then you can make up for that with the delicious food inside. Be warned it was very busy when we ate there so you may have to wait. To be honest that is the only negative aspect I can think of.

Pros: Fab food, Friendly, helpful staff, Lovely old building

Cons: Access difficult due to age of building., Errr, That's the only one I can think of

Brilliant Food - Edit

We visited Lincoln for the Christmas Markets and despite the Tea Rooms being really busy the food was excellent - staff very friendly and we felt very at home here.
It was great to have a choice of vegan meals and cakes. Will definately be visiting again.

Pros: Friendly atmosphere, choice of vegan meals, good value

Return to Lincoln Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pimento Tea Rooms closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5577 times since Aug 2007.