Pilgrims Hotel

Contact 01227464531

18 the Friars, Canterbury, England, CT1 2AS

Serves meat, vegan options available. The hotel's restaurant serves classic French & English cuisine with several vegetarian choices and can make a vegan Pilgrim's pie (call head to order).

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, British, French, Non-veg

First Review by Sarah Baker

Sunday Roast - Edit

They had a sign on the high street that clearly said vegan Sunday roast served all day so we stopped in. They have two options - nut roast or sausages. You could also get an extra large option with both. It came with potatoes and carrots and Yorkshire pudding. I had the sausages and they were nice, probably not hand made but fine. The Yorkshire pudding was really good. They also have a vegan pie and vegan desserts. The staff was super friendly and the place is clean and sunny on a Sunday evening. A good option if you're in Canterbury, especially if not everyone in the party is vegan.

Open-minded and friendly - Edit

The restaurant of the pilgrim's hotel is your typical, friendly, neutral, on-the-posh side restaurant. So I was surprised to find a clearly indicated vegan option on their menu ("Pilgrim's Pie") - a light, nice veggie dish.

In addition the staff was incredibly forthcoming, even giving me advice on which kind of beers and ciders were suitable for vegans (without me even asking at all)!

I didn't get the impression that they are used to getting a lot of vegan customers but they were really considerate. I would definitely recommend this place for going out with people that eat everything (read: I went here with my mother).

Pros: clearly listed vegan option, really friendly staff, good option when out with non-vegans

Cons: no large choice of veggie dishes

Return to Canterbury Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pilgrims Hotel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.