Pikliz International Kitchen

( 1 review )
617-625-6255

288 Broadway, Somerville, Massachusetts, USA, 02145

Serves meat, vegan options available. Caribbean fusion restaurant where many of the sides are vegetarian or vegan. Meatless choices include fried sweet or green plantains, steamed cabbage and carrots, black rice (jasmine rice with sweet peas cooked in juice of a mushroom), rice and beans, legumes, beet salad, green salad, green beans, okra, coconut rice. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Delivery, Take-out, Caribbean, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by CharleneCharles

Authentic Haitian Creole Food - Edit

Was so thrilled to find this spot today, there were many options as a vegan for me to choose from. For $12, I had enough food to feed four people, but then again I don’t eat much, but the fact that I can come here with my non vegan friends or my vegetarian friends and we all can have a full meal and not miss out on flavor or authenticity is amazing.

Pros: Many vegan options of well known Caribbean dishes., Great place for meat/non meat eaters., Authentic home cooked taste.

Cons: No table seating, only bar stools. , No parking., Not open on Sundays.

2 Responses

slithers 27 Nov 2017 - How does it compare to Some 'Ting Nice (also in Somerville)?
From looking at the Pikliz online menu (https://www.piklizint.com/menu), it does not look very vegan-friendly, since all the appetizers and entrees include meat (sides look potentially good, but are not labeled vegan or vegetarian online).
Which options did you try? Just looking for more info before trying this place, thx.

CharleneCharles 27 Nov 2017 - Slithers, I’ve spoken to the owners and they are working on some vegan options, but I’ve had the Okra, Black Rice, Cabbage, both Sweet and Green Plantains, and rice and Beans. The hoe to make a Non meat Legume and a tofu dish soon. They have a potato and veggies dish that vegan that I haven’t tried yet as well. Some Ting Nice is no longer open.

Return to Somerville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pikliz International Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.