• Pieminister - Stokes Croft

Take-out
British
Gluten-free
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Chain restaurant specializing in pie, peas, and gravy. Includes a labeled vegan pie, and has vegan gravy and sides. Also has a vegan ice-cream. Open Mon-Thu 11:30-22:00, Fri 11:30-22:30, Sat 10:00-22:30, Sun 10:00-21:30.

Venue map for Pieminister - Stokes Croft
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by RachelJenkins

Nerida84

Points +124

28 Jan 2024

Pie!!!!

Great pie and sides, with super friendly service.
The desert was pretty tasty, too.

Herbalwizzkid

Points +236

31 Jan 2023

Great service. Great pie!!

Went to Pieminister with a death defying hangover. A pie was definitely necessary! I have the Mother Earth, with the chuck a doodle(?!) fake chicken and tofu pie. It was delicious! My mate ordered the mothership with the same pie, and asked to make it vegan, and hers came loaded with vegan cheese! I could have died of jealousy!
Highly recommend! #Veganuary

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Meals can be customised to become vegan, Vegan milk and cheese replacements

Cons: Slightly on the expensive side

Kristol

Points +419

01 Oct 2022

Satisfying pie!

Lots of vegan pies to choose from so you don't feel like you're missing out. I often get the 'mothership' which includes pie, mash, peas, gravy, vegan cheese crispy onions. Always leave full and satisfied. Reasonable prices too. Would come here again.

Pros: Clearly labelled vegan options , Lots of choice, Filling

LisaSpykers

Points +6714

12 Jul 2022

Pretty good for a chain restaurant

I really like the sides and the flakey pie case, but I personally would prefer seitan or soy to replace the beef instead of jackfruit. It looked the part, but jackfruit doesn't quite have the texture or flavor that seitan/soy does. I do appreciate that the restaurant uses tofu for the creamy chicken leek pie -- it was delicious. Unfortunately, they had run out of the vegan ice cream and we couldn't try the dessert -- I'd like to think that is because too many people ordered the vegan option 😉

liamtmlacey

Points +86

23 Apr 2022

Best pies in Bristol

I've been living in Bristol for 10 years now, and been to Pieminister many times both before I was vegan and since, and they still are the best pies in Bristol (and possibly anywhere). The vegan selection keeps getting better, with the Mock-A-Doodle being my personal favourite.

honoraryidiot

Points +2369

30 Dec 2019

Good if you really, really like pies

I personally don't think the vegan pie is anything special but I can see why someone else would like it!

greenmattereater

Points +23

04 Jul 2019

Amazing vegan pie

amazing vegan pie meal.. followed by a vegan ice cream sundae.. delicious!

Pros: separate vegan menu, really tasty food, pies and patties especially, lots of vegan options

Cons: can be very busy, Not a great vegan drink selection, not much else in the area

RachelJenkins

Points +2512

18 Feb 2019

2 vegan pies

The chooks away pie is really tasty as well as the vegan side dishes pieminister offer. There is also an option for a meal deal and takeaway.