Pie Hole

Contact 801-359-4653

344 S State St (at downtown), Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 84111

Serves meat, vegan options available. This little pizzeria in downtown offers pizza by the slice, and each day there is a vegan slice made with veggies and no cheese (sometimes a Thai sauce, other times using nutritional yeast to make a vegan roux). Could order by the pie as well. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-2:00am, Fri-Sat 11:00am-3:00am, Sun 12:00pm-2:00am.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Navegante

Vegan Pizza & Don't Forget the Cheese - Edit

From the website: "We do Vegan pie by the slice on Sundays and Tuesdays. But any day we can make a whole vegan pie for you! Options for sauces are: Vegan red w/ nutritional yeast cheese, BBQ sauce, Thai Peanut Sauce, Hummus, olive oil. And top that with your choice of veggies!"

Pie Hole makes one of the best vegan pizzas in the city. Their sauce (something I'm extremely picky about. It's an Italian thing) is truly what sets them apart from the other establishments serving vegan pizza.
When my family makes our red sauce they literally cook it for two days! The clearest response I was able to get for this was "It makes it taste better" and I'll be damned if it doesn't. I don't know how long Pie Hole cooks their sauce, but either way, I can say with all truth that Pie Hole gives my families "ancient" recipe a run for its money. Now throw some vegan cheese on top of that bad boy, sprinkle it with all the goodies and see what a bite of heaven taste like.

Pros: Extraordinary suace, Vegan cheese , Quaint and exciting environment with a great locat

Cons: Only sell by the slice two days a week

pizza :-) - Edit

piehole is good for late night snacks or lunch! Pretty grungy atmosphere (probably not right for everyone) the vegan daily slice usually features hummus instead of cheese and usually doesn't have tomato sauce so it's not my favorite pizza place but still yummy!

Thin crust pizza goodness - Edit

Finally tried the Pie Hole while in SLC. I had the veganQ and really liked the tangy sauce. A little franks to spice it up and I was pretty satisfied. Not a bad slice

best late night vegan slices ever! - Edit

The pie hole is the place to go for late night, last call pizza. They specialize in thin crust, reheated pizza slices. They only have one vegan option but it's done REALLY well with a variety of toppings and a vegan pesto like sauce.

Pros: late night, quick pizza slices, vegan pizza done right

Cons: only one vegan option, mid grade quality

PIZZA! - Edit

I love going to pie hole for the daily slice. Its cheap, fast, and tasty! The Vegan Roux is awesome, and i love it paired with the garlic slices. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere always has a nice buzz. Definitely a good place to go with a group of friends!

Pros: cheap, fast, open late

Cons: one choice most nights

Quick And Tasty Vegan Slices, Even At Midnight! - Edit

I like to stop here for a slice when I'm craving pizza. They always have a vegan slice available. The staff is nice, and the decor is funky and fun. They are open really late, so you can grab a slice after a night on the town or if you just have a late night craving. The pizza is creative and always has a great name. I highly recommend this place. Its the only place I know of to get a great slice of vegan pizza (instead of ordering a whole pizza) any day of the week.

Pros: Open Late, Good Pizza, Nice Staff

Return to Salt Lake City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pie Hole closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1035 times since Apr 2014.