CLOSED: PICK-A-PEA

• Veg-friendly

Lindenstrasse 48, Cologne, Germany, 50674

Serves meat, vegan options available. The first 100% organic fast food restaurant in Germany. All meals are freshly made-in-house with mostly products from the region. You can get all menu items in a vegan version, including burgers, currywurst, french fries, salads, soup and curries. Vegan and vegetarian items are prepared on a separate grill using separate utensils and pans. DEC 2014 THE RETAIL OUTLET AT THIS LOCATION SHUT.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Fast food, Salad bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by CKglutenfree

good with some gluten free - Edit

I went here with my 2 young kids and enjoyed the meal. As someone who has to eat gluten and dairy free I find it very difficult to find places that accommodate both. The food was good (not amazing, but good). The menu is clearly labeled whether something is vegetarian or vegan. The service was excellent. The man working at the counter spoke English and happily pointed out all gluten free options to me (even checking an ingredient book to make sure). I ended up getting a curry soup with chick peas, lentils, squash, peppers, etc. (3 soups were available - all vegan and g.f) My kids each got a burger but could have split one. The servings were large - we actually weren't able to finish any of the things we ordered (burgers would be a normal adult portion just big for young kids). We ordered one soup, one large fry to share, 2 burgers, and 2 drinks - it was about 30 euros which was pretty expensive but worth it for my own peace of mind (knowing I wasn't eating food that I can't tolerate).

Pros: gluten free options, helpful staff (English speaking), clearly labeled menu

Cons: wish the veggie burgers were gluten free!

Return to Cologne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: PICK-A-PEA closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 620 times since Mar 2014.