Picazzo's Organic Italian Kitchen

480-990-2212

7325 Frank Lloyd Wright, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA, 85260

Serves meat, vegan options available. Italian food restaurant with several locations. Menu offers some marked vegetarian and vegan choices. Has vegan cheese and faux chicken, but vegan should clarify just to be sure (no parmesan, butter, etc.). Business-casual atmosphere with Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Tigra220

Excellent vegan experience in a non-vegan restaurant - Edit

Coming from out of town, happy to be directed to this place by Happy Cow. Very friendly staff, awesome vegan options clearly labelled, many options and easy to find location. Very pleased!

Tasty Vegan Italian Cuisine - Edit

I've passed this place by every single day for over a year. I saw them advertising vegan options so I finally decided to give them a try.

Appetizer:
I got the vegan chicken strips served "Super Hot Chipotle" style. They are baked, not fried, and they use the Beyond Meat brand. Very tasty & perfectly spiced. I expected it to be very spicy, with that name, but it wasn't. At all. But to be fair, I do have a high spice level tolerance. It came with vegan ranch, celery & an apple piece.

The vegan strips come in NINE different flavors, which I think is amazing! I will definitely go back to try more flavors. Over $11 for this appetizer, which is almost the cost of a full pasta entree; a bit too high in my opinion, especially for the portion size.

Entree:
I opted for the vegan Chicken Picatta pasta dish. The pasta was cooked and seasoned to perfection. The garlic, lemon, and capers offered a nice burst of flavor for my tastebuds, and the presence of the Beyond Meat Chicken was plentiful in this dish. It came with a slice of vegan garlic bread. Very filling and delicious. @ $14 for this dish.

I also got a side of Tender Broccoli Crowns. For $6.50, I got @ 5 or 6 pieces of organic broccoli. Nicely seasoned & crunchy crowns, but nothing special. I can make better at home, for less, and I can't cook.

The waitress brought my check without first asking if I wanted anything else, like dessert. I didn't like that.

The restaurant is nicely decorated & clean. Really nice and large patio area. Bar area with TV.

I spoke with the head chef and she advised me that they use separate utensils and even separate ovens for the vegan options.

Tons of vegan pasta & pizza options (the website boasts that they have over 40 vegan options), lots of organic goods, 98% gluten free, & they support local businesses. I'd definitely recommend them for anything from family outings to business lunches or date night.

Located right off of FLW (can be seen from the street). If coming from N Scottsdale Rd & traveling east on FLW, it's the 1st entrance into the Promenade shopping center.
Updated from previous review on Friday September 12, 2014

Pros: eco-friendly to-go containers, delicious pasta & Beyond Meat strips, TONS of vegan options; 98% gluten free

Cons: some dishes are a bit too expensive

Return to Scottsdale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Picazzo's Organic Italian Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.