Picasso Naturals

858-874-0007

7420 Clairemont Mesa Blvd Ste 115 (at Ruffner), San Diego, California, USA, 92111

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small eatery offering healthy salads, wraps, sandwiches, and smoothies. Has a 14-item vegetarian menu. Has tofu, soy and rice milk and vegan cheese. Owner is accommodating. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm, Sat 10:30am-2:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by xandriah

Easy Lunch - Edit

Passing through Kearney Mesa I stopped by Picasso Naturals for a half sandwich/16oz smoothie lunch special ($8.95). Even time I'm here I plan to try something new but I keep getting drawn back to the literally named "Soy Veggie Sandwich" with lettuce, tomato, avocado, red onion, sprouts, bacon bits and smoked soy slices. It tastes like a salad you're eating with your hands--with a slight hint of artificial smoke. Service here is slow but friendly and accommodating--although my Mango Peach smoothie showed up well after I finished my sandwich. Still, vegan deli food is all the buzz right now and it's good to know there are multiple options throughout San Diego.

Pros: Vegan Options

Cons: Slow Service, No AC

Veggie Burger - Edit

Good food, great variety on made to order juices. I had the veggie burger w/avo, sprouts, etc...would order it again. They have lots of vegan products for sale & also sell a wheatgrass grinder & flats.

Pros: clean, friendly, convenient

Good food, Nice staff, High prices - Edit

My friends and I came here once searching for a vegan-friendly restaurant. I ordered the vegan burger(7.50) and mango smoothie, one of my friends ordered the falafal(7.50) pita, and my other friend ordered the meatball sandwich(7.35). I really liked the burger, although it was expensive for a store-bought patty. The veggies were fresh, but the service was a bit slow. The mango smoothie was good as well. I tasted the falafal, and it was hot and tasty, but it was not served on a pita, it was served on a tortilla. False advertising. The portions are moderately generous, but the prices are really high. Picasso's also sells groceries, which are also exorbantly priced. However, some items sold here are hard to find, and it's in a convenient location.
All in all, if you're looking for tasty vegan food, come here. But expect to pay a lot for it.
Updated from previous review on Saturday March 10, 2012

Pros: Good vegan food, Stocks hard-to-find items

Cons: Run-of-the-mill food, High prices

Return to San Diego Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Picasso Naturals closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2008 times.