Phranakorn Vegetarian Food

Thanon Tanao 289, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok, Thailand, 10200

Noodle shop and Asian restaurant.

Categories: Ovo, Thai, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by JanaFisher

Cheap but nothing special - Edit

This is a somewhat more "authentic" Thai restaurant. What I mean by that is the prices are cheaper, there's limited selection, and food safety is non-existent.
It is vegetarian but when I showed them my translated "vegan card" which says in Thai what I do not eat as a vegan, they were will to accommodate.
Since the food is cooked in advance and sitting out in the hot sum uncovered from the debris from the road, I opted to have them prepare something fresh. My dad got the vermicelli vegetable noodle soup which he said was good (once he added some of the condiments on the table) but it only had fake meat and no vegetables! I got the fries vermicelli noodles with vegetables. It was fine and tasted quite good once I added the condiments. I was a little concerned because when the noodles arrived it appeared that they had fried egg in them, despite me saying I'm vegan! What I think happened was the tofu which was in the dish broke apart slightly while being cooked and took on the appearance of egg. At least that's what I'm hoping!
Not a memorable meal but its quick and cheap near the palace. I would recommend Ethos and May Kaidee's over this place but if you're low on money then this is a good option.

Pros: inexpensive, location

Cons: lack of food safety

Phranakorn Vegetarian Food? - Edit

I think this is where i ate earlier. If so, it should be listed as a veg place. Two servings on rice 40 baht. Food was ok, not especially tasty, but fine.

Some other dishes made to order.

A cheaper option than nearby Arwy or whatever it's called, although i think this place closes earlier

Pros: reasonable value convenient for Grand Palace visit

Cons: Not open in evening

Vegetarian restaurant near tourist areas - Edit

Stopped in here after leaving the Grand Palace and Wad Pho. There's a "Vegetarian Restaurant" sign outside. Food was simple but good with a few options. Didn't see meat being served. Inside restaurant has a local feel.

Return to Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Phranakorn Vegetarian Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.