CLOSED: Phoney Baloney's

Contact 949-885-6237

4880 Irvine Blvd Ste 102, Irvine, California, USA, 92620

Located inside Custom Bodies Fitness in Irvine this cafe offers opened on May 17, 2012 and offers all vegan sandwiches made from local organic ingredients, plus salads and smoothies. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by MrsVeganPizza

kickass - Edit

was in town for a concert and thought id give this place a try. Staff was nice, looked like it was father and son. Food was delicious and decently priced. Awesome sandwiches and smoothies. Gonna have to try the "vegan elvis" next time, fried peanut butter and banana sandwich with coconut bacon. YUMMERS!

Pros: nice staff, good food, nice area

Cons: have to look to find, inside a gym

Quick, Tasty, Organic, and Friendly - Edit

I shared several items with a friend: kale salad, BLTA (Avocado and coconut faked-bacon), Sonoma chicken salad sandwich, and coconut cupcake. EVERYTHING was great. All of the produce is organic. The prices were really good compared to Veggie Grill and Native Foods. Also, nothing greasy. The service was great. Both guys were named Kyle - both really nice guys. The owner, Kyle, is vegan which is important to me. Parking is free. The entrance is on the Northwood side (vs. Irvine Blvd). I loved this place and both Kyles. I will be back and I'd love another location in central Irvine!

Pros: price, organic, service

Cons: only one locaiton

You Simply Must Eat Here! - Edit

WoweeZowee, what good food in such a simple setting. It's a sandwich bar/small cafe that used to be a juice bar, but don't let that disuade you. It's well worth the drive and the effort to find the place around in the back of the shopping center. The food is *that* good.
Flavorful, inventive and so fresh. Terrific tastes and the prices are unbelievable, given the quality of the food and how fresh everthing is.

Pros: Excellent food, healthy, generous portions for the price

Cons: a bit tough to find , inside a gym, tiny; doesn't hold a lot of people

Delicious healthy sandwhiches!!! - Edit

You have to go try Phoney Baloney's sandwiches! They are healthy, delicious and affordable....I'm glad I have a place like this near to me....
Updated from previous review on Thursday May 24, 2012

Pros: variety , affordable, delicious

Flavorful Food, Great Prices! - Edit

I've been here twice so far and all three items I've tried have been just delicious and so flavorful! First time I went was on Cinco de Mayo where they had a soft opening and it was A build your own quesadilla menu. I felt like I could make quesadillas at home, but I wanted to support them. Well it was absolutely delicious, and was so packed with flavor and tastier than my home-made ones. I've also tried their Cali BBQ (robust) and their Sonoma Chicken Salad Sandwich (refreshing). So yummy but my fav was the BBQ. My inital impression was similar to the quesadilla. I felt I could make sandwiches at home though though I was of course excited to have a new vegan place in the area. But I have been pleasantly surprised by each item. The food just tastes like so much thought went into each component. The sauce, the plant-meat preparation, the type of bread, and on and on. Each item I've tried has been just delightful and I am looking forward to trying more items soon.

Additionally, the prices are so reasonable which is not something you typically find for vegan establishments.

Also, although this place is located inside of a gym, the counter is right there as soon as you walk in the door, so it's easy to access and they have a comfy little sitting area as well.

Lastly, the service is genuinely friendly. Great place, check em out!

Pros: Flavorful food, Great Prices, Friendly Service

Return to Irvine Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Phoney Baloney's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 167 times since May 2012.