Pho Vegan Asian Cuisine

Contact 916-259-1588

6661 Stanford Ranch Rd Ste E, Rocklin, California, USA, 95677

Fast casual restaurant serving Asian vegan cuisine, opened 2015. Offers a variety of appetizers, soups, rice plates, and noodles which can be prepared with tofu or mock meat. Beverages include pearl drinks, smoothies/shakes, tea, fresh soy milk, fresh juices. Order at counter, food served at table. Open Tue-Sun 11:00am-8:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Thai, Juice bar, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by 1vegan

Great food + friendly staff! - Edit

Love this place. The staff is so friendly and has made an effort to get to know us a little better since my brother and I are in all the time. Both my omnivore parents and grandparents love the food here.

The chow mein is good - I like the crispy one better. The mock orange chicken is my favorite but the sweet and sour "pork" is great too. My brother gets the kung pao tofu extra spicy every time and loves it too much to try ordering anything else. The pot stickers are good especially with the sauce and the "shrimp" tempura is amazing!

If you're going with an omnivore and they're skeptical or don't know what to get, I recommend having them try the orange chicken. It's really good and the fresh orange slices really make the flavor.

Pros: great food, friendly staff

A Wonderful host. - Edit

I was staying in Auburn, California and wanted to take a friend out for dinner. So once again I consulted Happy Cow. When I realized how close Pho was to where we were, and as both of us were in the mood for Asian food, we decided to go there. And we were so glad we did!

The restaurant is located in a commercial plaza, in what appears to be a busy area. But was fairly easy to locate. The decor was simple, almost generic. Its most prominent feature was a large statue of a laughing Buddha, which we took pictures with.

But one thing for certain is that the owner was far from typical. He told us his name was Don, and was Vietnamese. He is a kind, gentle soul.

When we had ordered, we then sat down. While we waited for our food, Don came over and spent time talking with us. We found out that he had left Vietnam by boat when only 13 years old, and after 7 nights at sea arrived in Hong Kong. Another refugee trying to escape the Communist regime.

Eventually he made his way to the U.S. Him and his wife had initially owned a restaurant that served meat, but over time both of them decided to return to the vegetarianism of there Buddhist religion. That is how Pho Vegan Asian Cuisine came to be,

When the food finally arrived, we found it to be tasty and satisfying. I had the Chow Mein, and it was excellent. Afterwards, I also had a slice of Vegan cheesecake, and it too was delicious!

As we ate and talked with Don the time slipped away from is, and before we knew it, we had stayed a full hour after the closing time. But at no time were we hurried.

I look forward to another visit, and heartily recommend Pho to everyone seeking great Asian food, in a warm and welcoming environment.

Incidentally, in addition to the items found on the menu, there are also several their things that can be purchased such as vegan jerky, egg replacements, etc.
Updated from previous review on Friday March 18, 2016

Updated from previous review on Friday March 18, 2016

Pros: Pleasanr host, Good food, Tasty deserts

Cons: Drab decor

delicious and authentic - Edit

I grew up right around the corner from Pho vegan and now I live in florida. so when I heard about its opening and saw the menu, I got so excited to return to my hometown and enjoy this delicious vegan food! my first time there I tried the orange chicken and chow mein. items that are hard to get vegan. it reminded me of Chinese food I used to enjoy before going vegan. I'm so happy this place is here for when I visit my mom in rocklin!

Excellent Option for Vegan Chinese-style food - Edit

We've eaten here twice and have enjoyed it very much. We even brought our non-vegetarian friends here and they were impressed with their dishes.
I love this place because it's all veg and I don't have to worry about what the cook was doing in the kitchen and cross-contamination with cooking utensils.
The menu is perfect and concise. Sometimes I think many Chinese food restaurants have menus that are too large.This one is perfect.
I love Chinese-style food and do not go to restaurants like this unless they are 100% veg. This one is and I love it.
The owner is an incredibly friendly woman. They keep the place clean and tidy.
We love their fried eggless rolls and the Teriyaki dish!
And the melon boba is awesome.

meh - Edit

In a neighborhood where people think everyone from east Asia is Chinese (see the other reviews), I think this is an ok option, particularly because it's 100% vegan. Just know you're not going to get very authentic (Vietnamese) flavors in Rocklin.

the pho was light and lacking in flavor, but for for 8 bucks you can feed 2-3 people with one bowl, which is good. Throw in an appetizer and you're good to go.

Owner is very sweet and will make the rice plate a family style entree if you ask him to do so.

Pros: a nice find in Rocklin , good value, nice ownership

Cons: needs more flavor , needs more authenticity

New Vegan Chinese restaurant - Edit

I have tried this restaurant two times. Both times were good, but could be better over time. They used to be a traditional Chinese restaurant, and changed into a vegan place. The dumplings and egg rolls are very good, and the owners are very nice. We have tried the chow mein, fried rice, and an eggplant special. All were good, would like to see more veggies and fresher food. The rice was very sticky, veggies were a bit overcooked. It could just be because they are new and will get better with time :)

Pros: pot sticker/ dumplings, egg rolls

Cons: prefer more variety or knock it out of the park wi, overcooked veggies, sticky rice/over cooked

Awesome Pho Vegan Asian Cuisine - Edit

I love this place, great food, good prices and friendly staff. I use to eat a lot of pho in the Bay Area before going vegan six years ago, and since that time have not had any. Mostly do to the fact most places use ghee in their soups. This place serves up the best pho I have had in years using fresh ingredients and mock meats. Their spring roll and shakes are awesome too!

Pros: Awesome Food!, Great prices, Nice staff

Cons: I don't live next door!

Return to Rocklin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pho Vegan Asian Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1940 times.