Pho Than Brothers

• Veg-friendly
Contact 206-937-6264

4822 California Ave SW, Seattle, Washington, USA, 98116

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vietnamese noodle soup eatery chain. All are meat except for one veggie pho that's vegan. Casual and quick.

Category: Fast food, Take-out, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by Fabien

cheap, hearty, and delicious - Edit

The Pho Than Brothers menu is comprised solely of pho (Vietnamese noodle soup), headlined by a vegan broth which is the best I've had. A rich, savory soup containing chunks of fried tofu, a soft nest of rice noodles, and straw mushrooms, wonderful on a cold day. A plate of accoutrements--bean sprouts, lime, basil, and a cream puff--arrives immediately, so if vegan, ask to hold the cream puff when you order.

Four sizes of soup, all huge and inexpensive. Friendly and quick. A haven in West Seattle, which is a pretty veg-hostile landmass compared to the rest of the city. Chaco Canyon, of course, is a wonderful haven, but for a cheaper, quicker, simpler meal, I highly recommend Pho Than Brothers. I've been twice--once swaddled in sweaty biking gear, headlamp beaming, and once in my pyjamas, and both times I lingered a long while with a book; nobody batted an eyelid or nudged me on.

They also offer a variety of teas and coffees--their chrysanthemum tea, which is lightly sweetened, was a new and lovely taste for me.

Pros: delicious, cheap, friendly-but-pleasantly-hands-off

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pho Than Brothers closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 625 times since Jan 2013.