Pho Mai

319-396-4337

2315 Edgewood Rd SW, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA, 52404

Serves meat, vegan options available. A sit-down Vietnamese restaurant. Menu includes a section of vegetarian entrees such as spicy lemongrass vegetable stir fry. Their vegetable and tofu pho is made with beef broth by default, but it can be made vegan by requesting vegetable broth. Open Tue-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Categories: Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by sunshineonmyshoulder

A most Excellent Meal at Pho! - Edit

What a delightful surprise! I had the Vegetarian Pho, #63, Pho Rau Cai Chay...loaded with rice noodles, fresh broccoli, mushroom, bean sprouts and more. At 9.50 for the regular size, you could probably feed a small daily with the large for a 1. more.

The Pho came with basil and lime for garnish (hot peppers too, but not a good thing for this pitta-vata constitution). I asked for extra lime, which just added a great taste!

The staff was very eager to please. And did a great job.
There are very, very few clean Vegetarian options in CR, I am pleased to say... I will be back!

Pros: 4 Vegetarian Options, A pot of Tea for a buck!

Cons: I wish this place was in Iowa City!

Decent meal - Edit

This is a fairly small restaurant located in a strip near the Westdale mall. It specializes in Vietnamese food and has a clearly marked section labeled vegetarian containing 4-5 dishes, one of which is vegan. I visited this establishment after a large spring snow storm. There was only one person far as I could tell who was seating people, waiting tables and cooking who was quick to complain about his fate. Although I inquired about making other dishes vegan I was quickly directed to the single vegan option on the menu. That dish was served piping hot in a large bowl, rather like a vegetable soup with some Asian veggies. The veggies were attractively cut and the dish was not overly salty. The men’s room also doubled as a storage room. All things considered I was pleased to find a tasty vegan dish available for a reasonable price. There were two sizes of the dish available.

Mai pho, Cedar Rapids. . .our lunch today - Edit

we ordered the bun with Vegetables, & veg Fried spring rolls with both vegan & peanut sauce. We also ordered the tofu fresh spring rolls & jasmine tea for lunch today. The fresh spring rolls were filled with fresh cilantro, chopped lettuce & fresh mint, marinated firm tofu, rice noodles & shredded carrots. We loved them. They were very fresh & the rice wrappers were fresh.
The bun was excellent! The fried spring rolls were not greasy, but crispy & had chopped carrots & taro in them. They were very tasty! Tony, our waiter was very helpful. He even brought us a sample of the vegetable broth they use, if asked in their vegan pho. It is the best vegan broth I have ever had.

Pros: service was worth the wait, location is on a good corner , food was excellent, fresh

Cons: Primary service was a bit slow, entry to strip mall is difficult to find

Return to Cedar Rapids Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pho Mai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.