Pho Grand

Contact 314-664-7435

3195 S Grand Blvd, St Louis, Missouri, USA, 63118

Serves meat, vegan options available. Family that runs restaurant are vegetarians. Has many vegan options, including a variety of mock meat. Uses fresh ingredients. Online menu not as extensive as menu at location.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by dbrown

LOVE this place! - Edit

I can't be impartial, after dining here for nearly 30 years, sometimes several times a week, I just love this place. First of all, it's cheap (why we started eating here, back when it was the only Vietnamese place in St. Louis), and they've kept it so reasonable. The food comes fast, and it's always hot and tasty. Yes it gets crowded, but they turn tables pretty quickly. And the owners are just such nice people. The lemongrass tofu and the tofu in tomato sauce are forever beloved. Happy Cow limits us to 4 stars for restaurants that aren't 100% vegetarian, but i would give this 5 if i could.

Pros: good veggie options , cheap, fast

Cons: sometimes need to wait for a table

"Vegetarian" dishes contain fish sauce - Edit

Be aware that in "our culture" (the term staff used more than once), fish is allowed in "vegetarian" cuisine, so the dishes marked vegetarian contain fish sauce unless you request otherwise. They assured me that "vegans tell us, so we leave out the fish sauce for them". So be sure to make your needs known and keep explaining to them that fish aren't vegetables. (Honestly, the food was just "OK")
Oh, and the only "meat substitute" I saw on their menu was tofu. If there were others, they didn't tell us about them after we said we were vegan. And there was no veg pho. We asked.

Pros: Knowledgeable staff

Cons: "Veg" dishes contain fish sauce

GREAT - Edit

Been to this restaurant once. I would love to go back but St. Louis isn't all that close to me. They have many mock meat items. The family that runs (cooks and waits the tables) are vegetarian. HUGE selection of vegetarian and vegan dishes!

Pros: Great food, great price

Cons: Far from me

Return to St Louis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pho Grand closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1692 times since Sep 2012.