Pho Goodness

Contact 604-568-3253

1183 Davie St, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V6E 4L7

Serves meat, vegan options available. A few items on the menu are marked as vegan. A pho plus fresh rolls and few rice/noodle dishes are vegan suitable. Staff understand what vegan is.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by lovela5

Good place on Davie Street - Edit

I went there twice.

The first time was great. Friendly staff and DELICIOUS food.

The second time, not so great. I got the same item as the first time, but it was not as flavorful. Also, they gave me fish sauce even though I ordered a vegan option. I know it's a careless mistake, and they fixed it, but this kind of mistakes can sometimes have consequences (I still remember how sick I was after a Second Cup gave me cow milk instead of soy milk!).

Overall, it's still a place I would recommend if you want good vegan Vietnamese food.

Pros: Low prices, Good food, Well located

Cons: Only a couple of vegan options, Can be inadvertent

Not recommended - Edit

This place is "Veggie friendly"? Well, this is just a word. And in case of this restaurant it means four meals without fish or meat on their really large menu. Poorly imho. The place was packed and everything had to go fast. A lack of atmosphere included. One of our dishes was hectically served after a few minutes. The other one arrived 15 minutes later when the first one was already cold. We had undercooked green beans and a very tiny piece of tofu. Never again and not really veggie or vegan friendly.

Pros: very tiny choice on vegetarian food

Cons: hectically

Large yummy portions, inexpensive - Edit

There are only a couple of items marked vegan on the menu. My boyfriend and I got the bun chay and salad rolls. My boyfriend ordered 2 portions of salad rolls and we weren't expecting them to be so big. The peanut sauce they came with was delicious. The bun chay portion was huge. The broth had a nice flavour and we were happy with the amount of veggies and tofu that came in it.

It was busy the day we went but it didn't take long for us to get our food.

Pros: Inexpensive, Friendly staff, Large portions

Cons: Needs more vegan options

Delicious - Edit

We walked about 3/4 of a mile, past several other options to get to this place due to the reviews.

Let me tell you... the flavors were AMAZING. There were only a couple things on the menu, but we just couldn't stop eating once they arrived.

Staff was very friendly, and prices were LOW for the amount of food you get.

Location is in a fun area of town, and worth the walk.

Pros: Great flavor, Marked vegan options, Low prices

Cons: Only 2 items on menu for us

Vegan Pho - Edit

I ended up at this place by accident. My husband was checking out their menu which was outside the restaurant and he noticed that the vegetarian pho was marked as VEGAN. Obviously we went in right away. The pho was probably one of the best vegetarian pho that I had in Vancouver. It's full of flavour and always tastes fresh. However they do use a little bit of MSG. Besides that they don't have many other vegan options - fresh rolls are vegan and one of the veggie bowls can be made vegan.

This place is always packed so sometimes it might be hard to get a table but the service is super quick so you won't be waiting long.

Pros: Delicious pho, fast service, cheap

Cons: small restaurant

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pho Goodness closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1194 times since Sep 2013.