Phangan Cove

17/14 Moo 8, Sri Thanu, Koh Phangan, Thailand, 84280

Serves meat, vegan options available. Resort restaurant. Has Wi-Fi. Menu includes vegetable/vegetarian dishes. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-11:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, International, Thai, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by heliorodrigues

Simply wonderful - Edit

I have stayed at Phangan Cove twice for a couple of weeks, in 2012 and 2016, and both times I ate most of my meals at the restaurant. And since the food is absolutely amazing that meant three meals a day. Owner Eiu and her sister are fantastic cooks. I don't remember one item on the menu that I didn't like. They have a separate vegetarian menu but I also asked them to veganize a couple of other dishes like Satay Sauce with vegetables and tofu instead of chicken or vegetarian Pad Thai. They always ask "egg ok?" with the meals that include them (like Pad Thai or Sandwiches). But bear in mind that this is not a traditionally vegan/vegetarian restaurant like Orion Cafe, Eat Co or Karma Cafe, so you probably have to double-check when it comes to vegan food.

In 2012 Eiu invited my husband and me into the kitchen to teach us our favorite dishes where she also explained that they don't use fish sauce for the meals ordered as "vegetarian", so I think it's a very safe place to enjoy a meal. Someone commented that is expensive which I can't confirm. It's actually quite affordable compared to the other restaurants in Sri Thanu. A red curry for instance is 125 Baht (95 for the curry, 30 for brown rice) whereas most other places start around 150 for the same dish. The size of the portions are huge. And of course, it's right on the beach and you can hang out on their deck and watch the stunning Sri Thanu sunset. Can't but love this place!

Pros: Many veg*an options, Absolutely delicious, Affordable

Cons: Not "traditionally" veg*an

NO place on happycow... - Edit

This place is no better than any other resturant on the island. They have no understanding that "we don't want egg" includes egg based salad dressing. It's on the beach which is nice and the food was partly good.

Pros: Some good food.

Cons: NO understanding of veganism, Expencive

best tofu burger in the world! - Edit

well i been 3-4 times at this place and always have the special tofu sandwich which is amazing. definitely recommend it as well as musmun curry - but there are many other options for u to choose from.

Pros: many veg options, good value, friendly staff, beautiful view - u can seat at the beach

Return to Koh Phangan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Phangan Cove closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.