P.F. Chang's

( 1 review )
407-622-0188

436 N Orlando Ave, Winter Park, Florida, USA, 32789

Serves meat, vegan options available. Americanized Chinese food restaurant chain. Menu has a vegetarian section with dishes like lettuce wraps, vegetable fried rice, tofu dishes; a couple of the appetizers are vegan.

Categories: Ovo, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by RachaelSera

A Favorite - Edit

This is my go-to restaurant. I know I can always count on them for a great vegan meal. I have more options here as a vegan than I do in most vegetarian restaurants (since most vegetarian restaurants have only 1 or 2 vegan options and the rest have dairy). Pretty much all the items marked vegetarian are vegan (a couple exceptions are a pan-fried dish with egg noodles, which is clearly labeled as such, and all the desserts). They have a huge selection of veg entrees, appetizers, and sides. Plus, as if that wasn't enough, they're willing to sub tofu in place of meat in other dishes.

I also love their plentiful use of veggies. The Ma Po Tofu consists of a huge bowl of half-broccoli and half-tofu. A lot of other places will give a bowl of mostly noodles or rice with one or two veggies - not here! The prices are also very reasonable considering the high quality ingredients. They don't have a single veg dish over $10, and most of them are a bit under that.

The staff is professional and experienced. There are always managers around if you do have a question about ingredients, or in case you have a problem with an order (over the 9 or so years I've been going there, I've had an occasional problem, but they've always taken care of it appropriately). I've spoken to management on several occasions, and they've told me that all the veg dishes are cooked with separate utensils. I get the impression that they're dedicated to catering to special needs. This place is run like a restaurant should be, and I respect that.

*P.S. The only reason they get 4 cows instead of 5 is because they do serve meat. But the veg items are 5-cow quality all the way.
Updated from previous review on Thursday September 06, 2012

Pros: variety, professional, value

Cons: none!

Return to Winter Park Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has P.F. Chang's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.