P.F. Chang's

281-203-6350

1201 Lake Woodlands Dr Ste 301, The Woodlands, Texas, USA, 77380

Serves meat, vegan options available. Americanized Chinese food restaurant chain. Menu has a vegetarian section with dishes like chili-garlic green beans, lettuce wraps, vegetable fried rice, tofu dishes; a couple of the appetizers are vegan. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:30am-10:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by Gudrun

Only one vegan option - Edit

According to the chef at my local PF Chang's, the only vegan item on the menu is the steamed Buddha Feast. I'm not 100% sure if the chef understood what vegan was though, because the other vegetarian options looked like they were vegan according to what was listed on the menu descriptions.
Updated from previous review on Monday May 09, 2016

Not bad - Edit

Quite a nice place with outdoor seating and friendly staff. I asked which of the four vegetarian main dishes were vegan and a staff member went to check it out. She came back with the confirmation that all were.

I had a lettuce wrap as a starter. It consisted of half of a big head lettuce with some spicy soy filling on the side. It looked a bit odd, but after I figured I had to make the wraps by myself I did that, and they were quite tasty. I couldn't use up all the lettuce, though.

For the main dish I had "Coconut Curry Vegetables" with light curry sauce, (according to the menu) "crispy" silken tofu, baby bok choy, tomatoes, carrots, red peppers, mushrooms and peanuts. Unfortunately the silken tofu was not crispy at all, it was actually soaked with fat and tasted accordingly. A pity, because the rest of the dish was quite good.

I would like to come back and try the other veggie dishes - but I guess I will avoid the silken tofu.

Pros: various veg options, friendly staff

Cons: silken tofu soaked with fat

Return to The Woodlands Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has P.F. Chang's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.