Pezzini Farms

• Farmers-market Farmer's Market
831-757-7434

460 Nashua Rd, Castroville, California, USA, 95012

Castroville is the artichoke capital. This farm store sells locally grown green globe artichokes plus numerous other farm produce including vegetables, dips and sauces, vinaigarette and oil, seasoning, chips. The store operates a food truck off the side that makes deep-fried artichoke hearts that are without dairy or egg in the batter - be sure to specify no parmesan cheese sprinkle or sauce. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-6:00pm.

First Review by PeaceLoveVeggies

Fried Artichoke Hearts-Vegan - Edit

Based on previous info we learned the fried artichokes do not contain eggs or milk. If you'd like them vegan just hold the cheese and dipping sauce. If you're looking for a fun unique vegan snack you've found it. The only down side is the Artichoke hearts are somewhat hidden in the fried batter. If you are a forward planner, your favorite vegan dipping sauce would add to the experience. All in all a fun unique experience found nowhere else I know.

vegan deep-fried artichoke hearts!! :) - Edit

I was born in Cali before I moved up to Seattle, and growing up, I still spent my summers visiting back down in the Salinas/Castroville area. In my family we would always get our deep fried artichoke hearts from the giant artichoke market - it's a piece of my childhood! So during this trip to Cali, this time as a vegan, I had my usual craving for greasy, fried, artichoke-y goodness. But alas, the giant artichoke (and a few other places around town that I called) uses non-vegan batter! I didn't give up, until finally I found Pezzini farms. A yelp review mentioned that they do not use dairy in their batter. I called them up and asked a few more questions and found that they are in fact vegan! I'm so glad I found them :) They fry up their artichoke hearts in the little green food truck just off the side of the stand itself. They taste just the same, if not better than my childhood artichoke hearts. Just be sure to get them without the parmesan sprinkled on top, and no sauce on the side. Take em home and dip them in some vegan ranch or vegannaise!
Also inside the food stand, they sell fresh fruits and veg, and in the back they have frozen fried artichoke hearts so you can make them in your oven any time you want :D
Hey, I didn't say it was healthy, just vegan ;) and delicious
Updated from previous review on Tuesday April 01, 2014

Return to Castroville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pezzini Farms closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.