Persian House

Contact 503-243-1430

1026 SW Morrison St, Portland, Oregon, USA, 97205

Serves meat, vegan options available. Persian menu with a few Lebanese appetizers. Small section of vegetarian items. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Persian, Non-veg

First Review by kindlizard

Good, not great - Edit

The food was above average; so where the prices. Lots of veg options, though there is plenty of non-veg on the menu. Friendly but slow service -- it took 2 hours for us to get through dinner, most of that time waiting for our food to arrive. The lone server was pleasant and apologetic, and the food was tasty, though the accompanying side veg were overcooked. Negatives: right on the light-rail line, so a constant rumbling as trains pass. This bothered me, not so much other family members. This particular block has four restaurants in a row, each with a lot of veg dishes (Italian, Lebanese, Indian) so well worth the trip. Take your choice -- all seemed busy!

Pros: Wonderful staff, Yummy entries, Plentiful veg choices

Cons: Glacial service, Noise and vibration from train

Surprised to see it listed; was pretty good though - Edit

I ate here not too long ago just walking around town. They had many items to choose. I enjoyed most of what I ate though it is close quarters and is close to a lot of meat. I think if you are sensitive to that, it would be a gamble. If not, then give it a shot, the food is authentic and better than I expected.

Not sure it should be listed here though, but whatever...

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Persian House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1597 times since Oct 2010.