Pero Restaurant and Lounge

416-915-7225

812 Bloor St W, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M6G1L9

Serves meat, vegan options available. Ethiopian cuisine restaurant, bar and lounge. Has a vegan platter and a few appetizers are also vegan suitable. Ornate interior. Open Tue-Thu 5:00pm-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-12:00am, Sun 5:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Beer/Wine, Ethiopian, African, Non-veg

First Review by saveur

Loved it - Ambiance, Food, Service. - Edit

A really lovely dinner date experience here. My date and I had the vegetarian combination (which is actually all vegan, and GF) as well as the a veggie appetizer (because we were hungry!) and it was so delicious! Be prepared for messy eating because you eat with your hands but I was all for it. Perfect amount of spice, kick and balance of flavours.
The servers were also so sweet and kind! I just loved the ambiance (a little classier/cultural with art on the walls) and, since it looked like we were on a date, we were offered a spot in the back where there was a tent and it was just lovely, quiet, dimly lit and romantic. Perfect for a date if you're dining with someone who is vegan or vegetarian - quiet for good conversation and interesting food and atmosphere to stir up a good conversation. Definitely one of my go-tos in Toronto now!

Pros: Good value for quality food, Beautiful atmosphere, romantic and quiet , Servers are kind and attentive

Cons: None that I can think of, to be honest

Upscale Ethiopian - Edit

I really liked my meal at Pero. There are a few Ethiopian restos in this area but Pero is more upscale. A lovely ambiance with table clothes and a fireplace. There are some vegan appetizers but we went with the bargain veggie platter for 2. Lots of food and all delicious. Their injera is GF, too.

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pero Restaurant and Lounge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.