Perks Cafe

716-856-0709

448 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo, New York, USA, 14222

Serves meat, vegan options available. Coffee shop and cafe with a vegan section on the menu offering a tofu and lentil breakfast burrito, soy sausage, eggless tofu salad wrap, kale salad, soups and vegan shakes. Serves breakfast and lunch all day. Open Mon-Wed 6:30am-8:00pm, Thu-Sat 6:30am-9:00pm, Sun 8:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by foodfirst

So good! - Edit

I love this place. Great vibe, great coffee and baked goods. Their tofu breakfast wrap is damn good.. the only thing I don't like is that they change their menus every season, so once I get used to one thing that I love, it changes. Otherwise, I love this place.

Pros: vegan options, vegan food/baked goods, vegan milk options for coffee/vegan syrups

Cons: small vegan menu, menu changes

Nice cafe with surprisingly good food - Edit

I visited Perks twice during a recent visit to Buffalo. The vegan items were clearly marked as advertised. The menu board contained vegan items in their own section and more vegan possibilities appeared on the menus available at the counter. Also, some board-listed soup specials were vegan.
My first visit was in the morning. The Kale Avocado Wrap was on the menu board and the all-day lunch menu, which also appears on the Perks website, www.perksbuffalo.com.. At $9, it was a delicious start.
My second visit was marred by a disappointment when a beautiful Kale Garden Salad was not made vegan as requested and had to be returned. It looked delicious, but the restaurant had no time before closing to make another salad without feta cheese! They provided a full refund, taking my salad back. I enjoyed my other dish and headed to another place for the rest of my dinner, including a nearby grocery co-op.
The cafe had been better and more lively for my morning visit. Reading materials, wifi, and comfortable chairs were available along with vegan coffee--drink options.

Pros: Accessible via public transportation, Nice atmosphere, Fresh, nicely made lunch-breakfast fare

Cons: fumbly handling of requests, lack of evening hours

Return to Buffalo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Perks Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.