Periwinkles Cafe

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small cafe overlooking the beach. Menu changes depending on season and availability. Staff know what vegan means and can clarify ingredients for anything on the menu, are able to advise safe options and whether substitutions available. Brings in vegan cakes from local bakery. Open Mon-Thu 9:30am-4:00pm, Fri-Sun 9:30am-8:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Take-out, Australian, Non-veg

First Review by kalli

Wonderful experience - Edit

My family and I went here as it was the only place open on a public holiday besides the pub. The staff were very kind and helped us through the menu and confirmed what was vegan and safe for me to eat, and they had non-dairy milk for drinks. They also had vegan cakes clearly labelled and displayed, and allowed us to take what we didn't eat home with us. Service was a little slow as we arrived right when breakfast switched over to lunch and we had to wait for the kitchen to be switched over for lunch prep. I was able to have just an entree. We were allowed to share our meals if we wanted to. We weren't bothered except when our food was brought to us, for which we were grateful.
There were some awkward steps which I had trouble with but once I knew they were there it was okay.

Pros: Food clearly labelled and staff well trained, Friendly staff, Can make adjustments to menu items

Cons: Can be noisy when full

Return to Port Macdonnell Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Periwinkles Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.