Pepe's Mexican Grill

66-68 Riccarton Rd, Riccarton, Christchurch, New Zealand, 8011

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican fast food with multiple outlets. Offers burritos, nachos, tacos, quesadilla, burrito bowls, salads, corn chip bowls. No vegan cheese alternative but you could request for vegan versions which are served with grilled vegetables and guacamole. Open Mon-Tue 10:00am-9:00pm, Wed-Thu 10:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 10:00am-2:00am, Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by AndyTheVWDude

Best Burrito in Town! - Edit

I love burritos. I think I've tried every single (vegan) burrito there is. My preferred burrito is a mixture of black and re-fried beans, brown rice, grilled veges, lettuce, four types of salsa (yes that have four types, all vegan!), coriander, a couple of jalapenos, chipotle hot sauce and a generous amount of GUACAMOLE which is not made with any fillers. A substitute vegan 'meat' or cheese would be a nice to have.

Pros: GUACAMOLE, GUACAMOLE, GUACAMOLE

Cons: Vegan Cheese?, Meat substitute?

Great Burrito Bowl.... - Edit

We were at this outlet attached to the Caltex station on Riccarton Road but there are others around Christchurch too.
The server was vegetarian and was very attentive & more than capable to ensure my Burrito bowl was vegan. We had great service here.
Plenty of fresh ingredients and a generous serving. This was a big bowl of food! Rice, beans, greens, salsa, peppers, guac ~ all had great fresh flavors. The pineapple salsa on the side was delicious too.

No vegan cheese or sour cream alternative is available here but I didn't miss it in a bowl (take-out box) of this size.

Two of us ate here for $26 with drinks. (The other main was a vege burrito - also very well received). We thought it was great value for the amount of food.

If you can eat your favorite Mexican food without cheese, you can easily make a great on-the-go meal here ~ Recommended!

Pros: Large portions., Great prices. Clean and tidy servery., Great service.

Cons: No Vegan cheese to really amplify the menu!

Return to Christchurch Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pepe's Mexican Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.