Pepe's Bistro

Contact 402-805-2588

701 P St. Suite 102 (at inside Indigo Bridge Book store), Lincoln, Nebraska, USA, 68508

Also known as Pepe's Veggie Mix Bistro, this is a vegetarian Mexican food restaurant. Emphasis is on local produce and thus a changing menu. Small menu, plus a dessert, and various beverages. Relocated to the Creamery Building in the Haymarket area of Lincoln from previous location on S 13th St. Mon-Sat 10:00am-3:00pm

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Take-out, Mexican

First Review by timhammond

Delicious, vegan friendly and family friendly - Edit

Great vegetarian mexican food with vegan options, and they source ingredients locally. The staff is friendly and welcoming of everyone. One of my 4 year old's favorite places to eat!

Nice people - great food! - Edit

Love the fresh vegetables, beans, herbs and spices. It always smells so good when you walk in. My daughter and I split a black-bean sandwich with fresh veggies and homemade sauce that was awesome-and huge! We also split a dish of vegan nachos with beans, guacamole, vegan cheese and salsa that wasn't even on the menu, but Pepe made up just for us (really a sweet guy-and great cook) Sometimes they have entertainment too :)

Pros: they now take VISA, Friendly staff, Healthy and fresh real food

Vegan Friendly - Edit

Pepe's is one of the best places in Lincoln to visit. He will make anything he has on hand for you if you have an odd request. All of his ingredients are fresh and organic, and he never microwaves. His sweet potato quesadillas are AMAZING (and vegan)! Definitely try this place.

Pros: Tasty and Organic, Friendly, Local

great food, but no raw menu - Edit

The menu was quite small, and little to no grain-free options. She seemed bemused when I asked about a raw menu (none, apparently). I drove out of my way to find some raw food and came up empty, but we did eat some delicious local mexican-inspired dishes, with plenty of raw greens on the side.

Pros: fresh local greens

Cons: no raw menu

love it - Edit

This is one of lincolns true gems. Absolutely fantastic food, dessert, and non alcoholic drinks made by someone who cares about locally sourced food. All vegetarian, vegan by request, and the menu changes with the availability of ingredients. Pepe knows what he is doing.

Vegetarian

Contributions +109

call ahead - Edit

When I stopped here, they were closed. They weren't supposed to be closed. No explanation. I waited around a good ten minutes at the art gallery. Pepe never showed, and I went elsewhere.

Pros: Not open when advertised

Wow - Edit

I heard multiple people in the restaurant exclaim, how great the food was, and couldn't believe it was vegetarian. I ordered vegan style and it was just as exceptional.

Pros: Delish, super friendly, Supports sustainability in multiple ways

Return to Lincoln Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pepe's Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2514 times since May 2009.