Pepe Z's in El Club

( 1 review )

4114 W Vernor Hwy, Detroit, Michigan, USA, 48209

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizza bar inside the El Club dance bar. The "julian," "glenda," and "you butternut" pizzas are listed as vegan. Has a jj kale salad with house tahini dressing and vegan chili. Other pizzas can be made vegan. Vegan status of beers is not listed on the menu though.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Italian, Fast food, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by jlawdev

Fantastic Pizza - Edit

El Club is a great venue, and Pepe Z's pizza is PHENOMINAL.

The pizza has a fantastic crust--thin and chewy, unlike most other pizza I've had in this town--and the toppings on every pie I've had from them have been similarly excellent. It reminds me of some of the fancier pizza I've ever had, though the setting is super casual and the prices are totally reasonable.

Although I personally eat dairy cheese, my wife is vegan, so I've sampled vegan pizza there as well.

They make a cashew cheese in-house (though the last time we visited, they were out). The only vegan pie we've ordered from them so far is a mushroom concoction which comes topped with arugula which has tended to come topped with not so many mushrooms, and LOTS of arugula (imagine a salad on a pizza crust). That wasn't quite what we'd pictured, but it was delicious nonetheless.

Pros: Great food quality, Reasonable prices , Solid veg-friendly selection

Cons: In a bar/music venue (not a typical resturant), Can be loud/crowded, Hours at the mercy of shows/ events

Return to Detroit Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pepe Z's in El Club closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.