Penke Bar & Bistro

( 1 review )
+81-8069944915

399-9301 Nagano Prefecture, Kitaazumi District, Hakuba, Japan, 399-9301

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant offering vegan options including miso, falafel and tofu as a substitute in meat dishes. Staff is knowledgeable about veganism and can help with other substitutions. Note: In Japan kitchens often stop serving 30-60 minutes before closing time. Call ahead to confirm. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-1:00am.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Japanese, Western, Beer/Wine, Fusion, Gluten-free, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by AliciaOnion

Surprising options available - Edit

This place was unexpectedly super helpful. Upon entering when I mentioned to the waitress if they had vegan miso available, she asked if I was vegan and then advised me of all the available options and recommended subs for their non veg meals. Even their lunch set can be veganised. When our lunch came out it was very generously sized and all for 1,000 yen. The drinks came out with no straws which is exciting when you're a bit of a zero/low waste nerd like myself. The menu differs a little from their website but not by much so I've included pics of the lunch menu and all day menu as of 2/3/18. If you are in the area you must visit this great place, we will be back for sure!

Pros: Many vegan options, Generous sized meals, well priced, Very helpful friendly staff

Return to Hakuba Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Penke Bar & Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.