Pembroke Bakery and Cafe

Contact 260-247-7220

300 E Main St (at Lafayette), Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA, 46802

Serves meat, vegan options available. Eclectic bakery and deli. All the baked goods are vegan and many are also gluten free: breads, bagels, rolls, cookies, cakes, pies, pastries, puddings and brownies. No butter, milk, eggs or any other animal product in any baked goods. Offers daily soups (at least one is vegan), rice and beans, sandwiches, hummus, vegan Daiya cheese. In-house-made vegan sausage and baked tofu. Uses organic and local ingredients whenever possible. Location is in a busy downtown business and arts district. Open .

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by Chelsarrr

Who knew Ft. Wayne knew vegetarian? - Edit

Remarkable vegetarian deli fare: Angie has put her decade plus experience as a vegan to providing burgers, sandwiches and desserts. Try the beet burger and the black bean burger. Don't pass up the vegan brownie!! The gluten free options were amazing. I loved the gluten free doughnut with rainbow sprinkles.

Tasty sandwiches and bakery in downtown Fort Wayne - Edit

My Dad and I went to Pembroke for lunch on a recent trip to Fort Wayne. The owners appear to be a Mother and daughter team, both were very friendly and suggested favorites on the menu… which was especially helpful for my dad, who is not vegan. He ordered the flatbread and I had the cluck sandwich… both were fresh and tasty, and we enjoyed them very much. I also ordered chocolate chip cookies, which I thought were just okay... however, they were quite popular for other customers who I overheard raving about them. There was a cooler with all types of tees and other beverages, too.

The space was comfortable, and posted on the walls and with books on the table that provided lots of information about activities around town, including hiking trails and special events… a valuable resource for folks visiting Fort Wayne.

Good Food, Excellent Bakery - Edit

I loved this cafe. It was very vegan friendly, the staff were kind and knowledgeable, and I sampled several items with perfect flavor combinations. Lots of gluten-free stuff too, that didn't taste like cardboard and was actually really, really tasty!

Pros: Vegan, Dessert, Inexpensive

Cons: Ate too much, Depressed it's far away, Now I'm hungry

Wonderful food, wonderful owners - Edit

I am so excited to be the first to review the Pembroke Bakery and Cafe! I happened across it while visiting the art gallery across the lobby and fell in LOVE! An awesome place to eat creative, vegan food and be able to take a non-vegan friend for a delicious lunch! If I could give it 5 cows I would!
Updated from previous review on Monday March 05, 2012

Pros: creative food, friendly staff, fun atmosphere

Return to Fort Wayne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pembroke Bakery and Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2151 times since Dec 2011.