Pelon's Baja Grill

• Veg-friendly
Contact 757-961-4673

738 W 22nd St Ste 15, Norfolk, Virginia, USA, 23517

Serves meat, vegan options available. California-style Mexican food restaurant with a few outlets. Makes burritos, tacos, nachos, and such. Many items can be ordered vegan with plant proteins in the style of beef/fish/chicken as well as vegan sour cream, vegan cheese, and sauces. Has an egg-style tofu scramble for the breakfast items.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by VegLuv4Two

Great food and friendly service - Edit

They have really great vegan options, I had the vegan carne asada nachos which were pretty delicious. I think maybe it was Daiya cheese they used, which isn't my favorite, but I still enjoyed my food. My husband (who isn't vegan) also enjoyed his food so it was pleasant for everyone.

Pros: good atmosphere , hot sauce selection , cashier was helpful and friendly

Cons: kinda pricey, esp if using vegan meat and cheese s

Delicious! - Edit

I always get the vegan chicken/cheese quesadillas when I go. They're so good with the vegan sour cream and salsa they serve with them. Even my non-veg boyfriend loves them!

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, Clean atmosphere

Cons: Pricey

Simpy amazing! - Edit

All we can say is, "Wow!" Pelon's Baja Grill is hands-down the best Mexican style food we've ever had. This counter-service restaurant is extremely vegan friendly. Many of the menu items can be made vegan with Gardein, Daiya, non-dairy sour cream and Pelon's outstanding homemade chunky guacamole. The vegan chicken nachos were amazing! We've had Gardein at many restaurants, but Pelon's sautes their Gardein in a special blend of spices that is out of this world. We also enjoyed The Curl burrito with breaded, deep-fried tofu and creamy vegan Baja sauce. The owner was extremely friendly and helpful. She told us that Pelon's uses a separate grill for the vegan items. We can't wait for our next trip to Norfolk to come back to Pelon's. Other perks include vegan brownies, homemade sauces including a delicious pineapple habanero sauce, and a large selection of bottled hot sauces.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, many vegan options available

Cons: 20% upcharge for vegan items, closed on Sundays

Return to Norfolk Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pelon's Baja Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1734 times since Apr 2010.