Peeled

• Vegan
    ( 1 review )
312-266-7335

1571 N Sheffield Ave (at Old Town), Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60647

Lincoln Park juice bar serving cold-pressed juices, smoothies, nut milks, and wheatgrass shots made using organic, locally sourced produce. Beverages are around $7-$8 each. Menu seems to be all vegan. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-8:00pm.

1 Review

First Review by SynthVegan

Peeled 100% Vegan Juice/Smoothie Bar - Edit

I've driven past Peeled several times since they've been open (Jan-11) and never saw the juice bar until I was looking for it today - so keep your eyes peeled. This juice bar is in a perfect location; in the same building as a gym and practically neighbors with the largest (and best) Whole Foods in the city. So if you stop by WFM be sure to stop by Peeled. When I walked in I was able to smell some of the fresh fruits that were processed/juiced, the smell was very refreshing. Having never been to Peeled before I asked for, and went with, a recommendation from a staff member. The Cherry Moon smoothie is a combination of cherry, strawberry, raw cacao, blueberry, and coconut milk. My first sip was shocking...I've never had a smoothie with cacao or coconut milk before and I honestly didn't care for it too much - about 70% of it remains in my freezer as I type this. However, I do have a vegan friend that eats an entirely raw vegan super-food diet and I'm sure he would have loved this smoothie. That being said, I'm going to give Peeled another shot and will go with my typical strawberry, orange, banana smoothie less the cacao and coconut milk (and sub for almond milk) and will update my review accordingly. Please note that I confirmed that Peeled is 100% vegan; the prices are pretty reasonable too.

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Peeled closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.