Peasant Pies

415-642-1316

4108 24th St (at Noe Valley), San Francisco, California, USA, 94114

Serves meat, vegan options available. Little eatery offering sweet and savory pies. The small, hand-held pies are like a cross between a pot pie and an empanada, with 3 marked vegan fillings (Moroccan lentil, garbanzo bean curry, and spicy black bean & tofu). Open Mon-Sat 7:00am-7:00pm, Sun 9:00am-6:00pm.

Categories: American, International, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by Rachelmpowers

delicious - Edit

There are now only two vegan options: the garbanzo bean curry and the Moroccan lentil. Both delicious. They discontinued the black bean tofu, which was my husband’s favorite. Last time I went, the staff member said they were going to add a third seasonal vegan option for the holidays. We shall see. What I especially love about these little pies is that the “crust” is more of a press dough, not pastry, so I presume lower in fat—and tastier too.

Pros: really delicious

Cons: limited vegan options.

So good! - Edit

Went and had the lentil and chickpea pies when I found myself in the area. SOO GOOD! Handheld pie size, perfect for walking and eating. Must go! Will be back to try the Black Bean one next

Return to San Francisco Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Peasant Pies closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.