Pearl of the Ocean

Contact 831-457-2350

736 Water St, Santa Cruz, California, USA, 95060

Serves meat, vegan options available. A Sri Lankan restaurant that uses local as well ingredients imported from Sri Lanka. The menu offers many vegetable dishes and it denotes what is not vegan. Decorated with Buddhist cultural aspects. Mon-Sun 11:00am-2:30pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-9:30pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Sri Lankan, Non-veg

First Review by Ali-Con

Did I just see that? - Edit

Started coming here about ever 3 months (prices are high for the portion you get). Until one day I saw the owner making tea and tasting it with a spoon 3x then serving it to a customer (who was not related to her). I was in total shock. I already had watched the kitchen staff and had my doubts (see them come in from outside and then just start handling food, never saw someone wash their hands). I have never been back and will never be back. I put this same review on yelp.

Lots of Love - Edit

The menu is 90% vegan, but they serve chicken and fish to cater to everyone. The owner is super sweet, and the food is very tasty. The dal is fantastic. :)

Pros: tasty, very friendly, reasonable prices

Cons: has some meat

Nice place - Edit

We have been here a few times. They have interesting ingredients and a lot of vegan options; limited meat items which is fine with us. Very friendly servers, and helpful in explaining the dishes. It is close to us so convenient. More oil than we would like that's pretty normal for a restaurant.

Pros: Friendly staff, Healthy options, Close tonus

Cons: More oil than we like

Yummy! - Edit

Went here tonight, expecting to find the previous restaurant "Sri". But I was not disappointed. Most of the menu is vegan, including all of the sauces, so the selection is great. The staff was helpful and nice, and quite willing to double check the vegan-ity of items. The food my friend and I had was delicious. We got dinner entrees with 3 options each so we could try a lot of things. Will definitely return!

Pros: lots of vegan options, nice staff

Cons: a bit pricey

My favorite restaurant in Santa Cruz - Edit

I love this place! Everything here tastes delicious and the owner is super nice. The menu is essentially vegan with some meat options thrown in and I think a couple of the beverages have milk in them. The food is full of flavor and tastes very healthy. When I first started going here I had some trouble with customer service, which I suspect was due to low staffing since I haven't had this problem any time recently.

Whenever I get to pick, I pick this place. I recommend it to everyone! I give it 5/5, but for some reason the website wont let me because the restaurant is not pure vegan?

Pros: Delicious!, Healthy, Friendly Staff

Return to Santa Cruz Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pearl of the Ocean closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2262 times since Nov 2009.