Peanut Sauce

Contact 253-475-4889

5003 Tacoma Mall Blvd, Tacoma, Washington, USA, 98409

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food place. Lists the vegetarian choices together in a dedicated section on the menu - dishes made with vegetables and tofu. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Thai, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by veganlogger

Delicious! - Edit

I went here with my husband whom is not a vegetarian or vegan and we were able order our own food and they were both very good. They were on top of the service and very friendly. Be sure to tell them you are vegan though because some of the vegetarian dishes contain eggs. their menu is divided between meat and vegetarian, so its easy to know what is meatless

Pros: A ton of options and clearly marked as vegetarian

I LOVE this place! - Edit

I have had nothing but awesome experiences here. As other reviews state, be sure to mention that you would like a vegan version of whatever you are ordering. They have an entire vegetarian menu, most of which is vegan. Every server I've ever had does know what vegan means, and they are very accommodating. I even had a server ask me one time if I wanted it vegan before I could even say it, and it's not because she recognized me! My favorite dish there is the fried tofu and rice casserole.

Pros: Amazing Thai food, very accommodating, great service

Cons: not 100% vegan, nothing is labeled vegan

Really wanted to like this place - Edit

I really wanted to like this place, but unfortunately, I found the food underwhelming. It was overly sweet and just not as fresh and vibrant as I'm used to in Thai food. They do not know the difference between vegan and vegetarian, although there is an entire vegetarian section of their menu and when we asked they said they do not use fish sauce or oyster sauce in the vegetarian meals. Be very specific about egg- our server told us it was in the fresh rolls, which seems unusual. I have half a mind to try it again, getting something different, but I think I'll just try out one of the other restaurants in the area instead.

don't always know what vegan is - Edit

I have eaten here many times and it took my a few times to realize a lot of the wait staff doesn't actually know what vegan is. the clincher was when they kept asking me if I wanted egg with that. the food is good but I don't trust it anymore.

Fried Avocado - Oh my god - Edit

Peanut Sauce is awesome! I've gone a few times and have been happy with my food every time. The fried avocado appetizer is a dream come true - crunchy on the outside, creamy and warm on the inside, and VEGAN. It's a bit pricy at $6.50, but soo worth it.

The avocado curry is also REALLY good, with a green curry base, eggplants, baby corn, basil, avocado, green peppers, and mushrooms. You can get fres tofu, meat,or more vegetables for free, or fried avocado for an extra dollar. I've also had the panang curry, which is pretty standard for a Thai restaurant, but you can get any curry dish with brown rice, which I appreciate.

A friend who is also vegan got the pad thai and asked for no egg, but then found egg in the dish. The waitress apologized, but apparently this has been a problem with other people, too.

The Thai iced tea with coconut milk is delicious too!

Pros: Fried avocado!!!!, Separate veggie menu, Authentic

Cons: pricy, egg in pad thai

Good food but beware of oyster sauce - Edit

Service is very friendly and very accomodating. But when ordering you need to make sure there is no egg added in. I ordered the vegetarian pad thai and it didn't list it as coming with egg, but when I got my dish it had egg in it. Also I noticed that a couple of the vegetarian dishes have oyster sauce listed, so you need to ask before ordering if the dish contains oyster or fish sauce or any other sea-animal sauce. They do know what vegan is and they are very willing to veganize anything that they can veganize, and most of their menu can be made vegetarian at the very least. The atmosphere is very relaxing, the prices are good for the quality of the food, overall I do enjoy the restaurant, just gotta becareful of making sure the vegetarian dishes are truly vegetarian and don't contain any fish or shellfish ingredients.

Pros: Accomodating, Friendly

Cons: Oyster sauce in vegetarian dishes

Return to Tacoma Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Peanut Sauce closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.