Peacefood Cafe - Uptown

• Friend
212-362-2266

460 Amsterdam Ave (at W 82nd St, Manhattan), New York City, New York, USA, 10024

Its flagship Manhattan location, a relaxed cafe with vegan bakery on premise. Offers various pastries, cookies, cakes, juice, smoothies, salads, live food, sandwiches, vegan entrees, and daily specials. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, International, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by cookiemonster

Best of the Best - Edit

Everything about Peacefood is magical, from the decor, to the wait staff, to the divine food. The popular Shanghai pan seared dumplings are legendary. We also love the Japanese roasted pumpkin sandwich on delicious bread. With all the good vegan eateries in NY, this is our favorite.

Casual Corner - Edit

This upper westside branch of Peacefood is on a lovely coner of Amsterdam Avenue. Consistently good food, bakery and beverages. My recent trip included a celebrity sighting!!

Pros: Good value, Staff have zen-like calm, Great spot for a relaxing repast

Good comfort Food - Edit

Good casual food choices, big servings, great service.

Pros: Vegan comfort food, Great table service, Flavorful

Beautiful place, people and food - Edit

We dropped by during a busy day and loved the choice of food on the menu, the friendly, attentive staff and the atmosphere. I tend not to drink enough water and the staff there make sure they keep everyone's glasses topped up so there's no need to ask or have the awkward conversation that sometimes happens in places - 'can I have some water?' 'a bottle?' 'no, just tap water, thanks' (!)

Lovely variety of desserts too. I find in many places that I'm spending money on things I could probably whip up much cheaper at home, so I like to find vegan food that is less commonly found when eating out, like raw cheesecakes and tiramisu and this place did not disappoint. We may have eaten slightly too much...

Pros: Amaxing variety of food, Beautiful staff - friendly, attentive, smiley, Lovely building and atmosphere

Cons: Some things a little pricey but good choices

our daughter loved it. - Edit

great food. great selection

Pros: all vegan, near measum of natural history , great selection

Cons: small sign hard to spot, off beaten path campy neighborhood , were not too friendly on phone when I called for h

AMAAAAZING - Edit

Some of the best vegan food in New York with the best ambiance!

Relaxed atmosphere - Edit

Good food and great bakery. The chocolate chip cookie sandwich is awesome.

Pros: Great bakery , Good prices , Great staff

great vegan cheeseburger - Edit

Really good food here - city cafe ambiance - airy and bright (on sunny days !). Not cheap. Coffee $3.50. But excellent local sourcing

Very good! - Edit

Was our first meal in New York and we cane very hungry and Jet lagged for breakfast,had a wonderful breakfast,was a bit disappointed by the misleading menu as it mentioned a chorizo omelette dish and it came without it,when I asked they said they took it out a few weeks ago but it's still on the menu..
Aside from that everything else was delicious I would however not order the pizza it came with some mushroom paste on it.
It's all about finding the right dish for you and there are plenty of options here.

Pros: Friendly , Many tables, Good food and service

Cons: Missing that fine tuning that will make it great, lack of attention to details, Laid back where it shouldn't be

winner restaurant - Edit

Top flight vegan spot.

Phenomenal - Edit

I was so impressed by everything there. It was my very first entirely vegan higher-end eatery! Food was great, atmosphere was great, the take-out accommodations were great. Everything was so good even my parents (who are very skeptical of veganism) were impressed.

Delicious! - Edit

I ate lunch here once and dinner here once. Both meals were tasty and service was efficient. We had hot chocolates too. Yum! We also tried their cakes which were delicious but I did feel that I might burst!

wonderful place! - Edit

This place and a great verity of food. My favorite being the Peacebowl. Everything tastes so fresh and it's a great environment.

Simply amazing!! - Edit

Excellent extraordinary good and nice atmosphere. Very friendly service as well :)

Delicious food!! - Edit

Whilst visiting New York I wanted to try out some Vegan restaurants so, as recommended by a friend, I downloaded HAPPYCOW and as a result found Peacefood Cafe.

I took a friend a long who is not vegetarian but she was willing try it with me.

I had the Cheese Burger and she had the HotPot. Followed by Peanut Butter Cheesecake and Carrot Cake with almond lattes to finish.

OMG!!! What delicious food!! I am only recently Vegetarian and I can honestly say that I have NEVER tasted a burger that good in all my life!!

The Hot Pot was delicious too.

As for the deserts the Cheesecake was impressive by any standards but the fact it was Vegan made it outstanding. However the Carrot Cake was truly spectacular although a little rich but it was moist and flavoursome!

Pros: Delicious Healthy Food, Good decor and friendly atmosphere , Great Value for money

Cons: service could be a little better but was not bad. , not enough Peace Foods in New York

Nope - Edit

Will not ever go back to Peacefood Uptown. It's obvious that the owners need to be around more. The staff ignore customers and give sass. The biggest issue I had was watching one of the servers drop a sandwich on the floor, pick it up, and put it in a takeaway box that was sent to a table. Absolutely never trusting them again.

While the food quality is pretty good, it can be a little greasy. The desserts and pastries were actually excellent, probably the only good thing about this venue.

Pros: good dessert

Cons: horrible service

Fantastic place - Edit

Location is nice and the place offers a cosy environment. most importantly they have a very friendly staff and healthy food, which are kind of rarities in NYC. everything is awesome, but a special mention goes to the pecan doughnut and the plain cheesecake that are indescribable.

I didn't love the favorite items - Edit

as much as everyone else...I had the chickpea fries, lasagna and fluffy quinoa salad and didn't have an omg mouth experience. They were good, but not amazing. On a save the day note, my carnivore kids did like the burger and the sandwich cookies were AMAZing (mint chocolate). Conveniently super close to the Natural History Museum and Manhatan's Children's Museum.

Pros: Friendly, prompt customer service, Great location, Yummy desserts.

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Peacefood Cafe - Uptown closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.